1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will Ofsted’s focus on exercise book do more harm than good?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Jun 28, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We did that as well, straight in the bin unopened.

Jamvic, agathamorse and nomad like this.
  2. dalersmith

dalersmith Occasional commenter

Generally speaking, ICT was a problem for SLT in the past. The vast majority of my feedback was and still is verbal, during IT lessons. Ideas such as feedback books, using MS ClassNote, printing out all work for marking every so often to show progress etc. Computer Science has book work, but at the moment students are doing a 20 hour course work(that is not marked or graded), I was asked why I did not mark in line with school policy. I asked why was the school marking policy the same for all subjects. I was told it was for OFSTED.
    The problem is we jump through hoops not for our students but to please, OFSTED. Any feedback that improves a student and helps them progress should be acceptable.

Jamvic and agathamorse like this.
  3. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

But, the latest framework suggests that they will scrutinise teacher workload and the impact of policies on it

Scintillant likes this.
  4. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

I'll reserve judgement. I don't want to be too optimistic just in case we're let down. Not to mention that the new framework has already been used to create a boatload of additional work in the form of re-inventing the entire curriculum in our school.

Scintillant and dalersmith like this.