1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WIll Ofsted visit in December?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coppertop, Nov 29, 2011.

1. We are awaiting an Ofsted visit (and have been for most of the term). They not been yet and some teachers tell me that because of the new Ofsted framework, they will all be doing training in Dec and that they won't visit schools in December.
    Could this be true? Does anyone have any inside information?!
    We'd love just to be getting on with things as normal but having this hanging over is is getting most of our staff down.
    Do you think we can relax for the time being and enjoy Christmas at school or do we need to be on continual high alert until we break up?

2. We are awaiting an Ofsted visit (and have been for most of the term). They not been yet and some teachers tell me that because of the new Ofsted framework, they will all be doing training in Dec and that they won't visit schools in December.
    Could this be true? Does anyone have any inside information?!
    We'd love just to be getting on with things as normal but having this hanging over is is getting most of our staff down.
    Do you think we can relax for the time being and enjoy Christmas at school or do we need to be on continual high alert until we break up?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nope this is not true. They are coming to us on Thursday.

4. A cornish school where my friend works has them on thursday/friday too

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

They will visit right up to the final day of term ... sorry

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I imagine there will be a fair number of inspections on Thursday/Friday to encourage staff not to strike tomorrow.

Or is that just cynical?

7. We are Thursday and Friday this week too.

8. We had OFSTED a few weeks ago and were told that the last under this framework would be this week and then none through the rest of December.

9. lpower, did the ofsted inspectors tell you that?
    We have also been awaiting Ofsted since September and quite frankly its ruining the run up to christmas. It would be lovely to know we have a couple of weeks free of worry.

10. We've been told the same...inspections for the next two weeks only, after that they are all on phonics training! As a Year 1 teacher I'm sure I'll be under the phonics spotlight when they do visit, if only for them to put their new training to use!

11. Yes the inspectors were quite open and explained that they are undergoing training and these would be the last inspections under this framework.

12. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Love it. I shall use this whenever a child asks me if they can 'have toilet' or the myriad variations thereof.

- Can I go toilet?
    - My sources say no.
    - ???

13. bonniconni

bonniconni New commenter

Heard today that one of our cluster schools has Ofsted in Monday and Tuesday of next week - so they are definitely still about!

14. We had Ofsted this week and were told they're inspecting right up to the end of term.

15. They are with us at the moment, today and Wednesday. They did a observation on the phonics in KS1.

16. Two years ago, almost to the day, we were visited by OFSTED. Last week of term, they were in Monday and Tuesday, and we found out the Friday before. Consequently we were all in over the weekend. Horrible experience, horrible team.

17. Oh well just in recovery from our OFSTED.I went into work last Monday 5th and they visited us on Wed/Thurs....a bit daunting but we all survived. He said we were one of the last this year(note ONE of the last!!!)x