1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will excessive salaries become a thing of the past if academy trusts have to justify CEOs high pay?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Oh I can answer that one for you. They do the sum total of fleck all. They posture,pout and window dress. They are full of sound of fury, signifying nothing. And theyre bleeding the taxpayer and the teachers’ pensions service bone dry.

agathamorse and FredfromFrance like this.
  2. Mrsmumbles

Think it’s the public accounts committee. (Fireguards: brought to you by Cadbury’s....)

agathamorse likes this.
  3. Mrsmumbles

Hi vis vests of the school workers!

4. FredfromFrance

FredfromFrance New commenter

...thought so!

If, however, we try to cheat the tax man out of £100 (not that I would!) then someone would soon be on it.

agathamorse, Mrsmumbles and drek like this.
  5. bessiesmith

bessiesmith Occasional commenter

The irony that this thread is next to the one about teachers suffering a £10k pay cut since 2003. We have been told that this is all about austerity - and it's hard to argue when the country is up against a huge deficit. But the fact is that there IS money in the system (probably not enough even so) and it is being syphoned away from the frontline by individuals like the CEOs and the shady firms who are contracted to provide academy services who are only interested in reaping as much money as they can - whilst knowing that they are effectively stealing from the nation's children.

6. gainly

gainly Established commenter

Everything is going to plan.

1503.jpg

drek, Piscean1 and thekillers1 like this.
  7. magdalewis

magdalewis New commenter

Nepotism within SLT is rampant. They justify their existence by making life impossible for overworked teachers. How can people that suppose to help can destroy others so easily??

8. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Watch The Apprentice - one became the president of America and the other became a Lord in the UK.

Show me the job description and person specification for their CEO role and that’ll answer the question. Also, what qualifications do you need to became president of prime minister of any country?

install likes this.
  9. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Mrsmumbles and Piscean1 like this.
  10. gainly

gainly Established commenter

What qualifications do you need to become president?

I can't remember where I heard this but I thought it was rather good.

Bill Clinton proved you don't need morals to be president.

George W Bush proved you don't need an IQ to be president.

Trump proved you don't need a president.

thekillers1 and JohnJCazorla like this.
  11. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

I have long thought salaries for people at the top are ridiculous! I'm not sure what our CEO does. In two years, I haven't seen them. If I decide to remain in teaching after maternity, I will be seeking a job in a maintained school. I have no desire to ever be part of a MAT again. We're failing children.

agathamorse and thekillers1 like this.
  12. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  13. Mrsmumbles

agathamorse likes this.
  14. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

I saw the DFE tweet out a civil service job for education. Overseeing 140 staff and a budget of 108 million pounds. Advising ministers and taking shedloads of accountability. Looked a massive job. Pay was £90k.

That’s less than CEOs with one school MATs. It’s profits by another name.