1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WIKI / Blogs

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by KevMitson, Aug 3, 2011.

1. thinking of putting together a Wiki / blog for use with my A Level students, anyone got any good advice as to where to go ?

2. thinking of putting together a Wiki / blog for use with my A Level students, anyone got any good advice as to where to go ?

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

I use Wikispaces (free for educators) and have a wiki for each of my Maths classes.(We also use Moodle) I have found it very straight forward to use and reliable. For blogs I like WordPress. What do you want to do?
    I have some information on Wikispaces here. (Which as it happens is a WordPress blog).

4. hi many thanks for the information, I will use the sites as an information point i.e. to follow up lessons store recources and a communicaiton portal, well thats the plan.
    Ill look into both your ideas again thanks
    Kev

5. Colleen_Young

Messaging works really well on Wikispaces - very easy to message the whole class. I have on occasion had a class in a computer room when I have been on a course - all instructions on the wiki - cover teacher was impressed!

For the last couple of years I have used a blog for all homework details. Nobody can ever say to me now that they didn't know what the homework was!

6. makes total sense ! I am new into teaching i.e. just finished my NQT year, and slowly trying to bring my school in to 2011 ! but softly softly catchy monkey ! thanks again for your ideas its exactly what I plan to do

Kev

7. Colleen_Young

I wish you every success in your career Kev - it's a great job.