1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WIDA Model Testing in British International Schools

Discussion in 'EAL' started by Vietteacher, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Vietteacher

Vietteacher New commenter

I've been asked to investigate whether the WIDA model language testing model would be useful for the primary department of our international school. 90% of our students are EAL and at the moment we have an approach that is working but maybe a little disjointed. Does anyone have experience of using the WIDA language testing kit? It's been developed for the US but that doesn't concern me massively. It seems like a lot of work and I'm not sure how much benefit we will get from it.

https://wida.wisc.edu/

Thanks.

2. grdwdgrrrl

grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

What is the purpose?
    Initial
    Formative
    Summarize

3. lardprao

lardprao New commenter

I have extensive experience of WIDA in international setting. Its very useful. Pm for my penny’s worth.

4. yasf

yasf Established commenter

I've used it. I would recommend attending one of their CPDs (or Symposiums! )

I quite liked it - they have the paper and online versions when I did it. I assume they still do. It was a bit clunky and long winded though.