1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Marshall, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

...do they keep changing the time of the news on TV?

It really annoys me - I don't watch a lot of TV but I do switch on to watch the news and then the times have changed.

Small grievance in the light of everything else going on!

emerald52 likes this.
  2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

It is the surfeit of news that gets me, it seems virtually impossible to avoid it.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I must confess - the only news programme I watch is the local Look East at 6.30 pm

I listen to "The world Tonight" on R4 for the proper news or the 9 O'Clock broadcast on the World Service.

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

.. because the football is the most important thing in the world...

.. to those whose brains are as empty as the pig's bladder they must watch being kicked around.

5. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Thank you, Ivar. Speaking as someone whose brain is as empty as a pig's bladder, may I return the compliment and say that yours is full of shyt?

I wouldn't normally have said that but snotty anti-sportism riles me. Nothing personal. Me, I would never have wanted any daughter of mine to marry a man who didn't like sport.

colpee, LondonCanary and ilovesooty like this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Just the sort of attitude I expect from devotees of the "wonderful game". Please change your name to something much more appropriate to indicate your intolerance.

7. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Least self-aware post of the week.

nizebaby likes this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Posters! Worried family christmas dinner will be cancelled this year? If it is, simply print out this thread and attach one of each of the posts to individual chair backs to remind you of Yuletide family bants!

9. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Me intolerant? It's you that's snotty about football!

You may keep your username.

10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Commie!

11. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

It was a pretty entertaining match.

nizebaby likes this.
  12. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Watch Sky or BBC 24 News ...the time never changes and often neither does the news.

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

^pm and 10pm are the same on weekdays, it's only at weekends that sport dominates, but intensely irritating if you detest that silly game played by men running around after a big white ball. We have a stock of programmes recorded to watch though, Heartbeat, Gordon Ramsey etc.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It's not just me?