1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why would you want to buy .......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lamaddalena, Nov 29, 2011.

1. tinned sprouts? It's so wrong. But there they were on the shelf.

Quick reminder to get the fresh sprouts on soon!

2. tinned sprouts? It's so wrong. But there they were on the shelf.

Quick reminder to get the fresh sprouts on soon!

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Sprouts are the bogeys of the Devil. Why would you want the vile things in any way shape or form? Bleurghh.

4. v12

v12

Because it's the law at Christmas.

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Some people like them.

Not from a tin though, probably.

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Have the tinned sprouts already had the requisite 3 months cooking and just need warming through?

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You're too late, mine went on September 1st.

8. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

I love sprouts! I could eat them all day, every day!
    I haven't tried the tinned variety but have had frozen sprouts before and they were really nice.

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

mmmmmm, luverly sprouts

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I love sprouts....but have never had the tinned sort!
    I get mine in my veg box - and sometimes get extra! Sprout soup...sprout curry....sprouty bubble and squeak...mmmmmmmm!

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I love sprouts....but have never had the tinned sort!
    I get mine in my veg box - and sometimes get extra! Sprout soup...sprout curry....sprouty bubble and squeak...mmmmmmmm!

12. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

????????!
    I can understand a double post....but how did I double post with a half hour time difference?!

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The Bonduelle tinned ones are not bad,especially done the French way, with lardons.

14. I think it might be an age thing possibly linked to flushes.
    You're minding your own business avoiding sprouts and mooching about then one morning you wake up your thermostats gone and you're rattling on about sprouts being good for you .
    Tis the work of the devil (but I get plenty of iron now.)

15. Bethanie...I made a lovely 'Christmas Dinner' soup last year with left-overs. There were lots of sprouts in it.
    Blimey. Talk about colonic irrigation! My guts have never rumbled so much or been so.. erm....clean. We got through some loo paper that week! [​IMG]

16. I love sprouts, never tried tinned but love frozen sprouts with chestnuts that bappear in the supermarkets this time of year.

17. Hear what is all this about sprouts and flushes! Cheeky bugg*r.
    Was this joke on here (apologies). What the difference between sprouts and boggies?
    Kids will eat boggies.

18. I quite like a few sprouts. However, I imagine the texture of the tinned ones would be horrible. Flaccid. Mushy.
    Tinned peas are ok - especially the Bonduelle ones. But tinned every other vegetable... just doesn't work.

19. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

they are just sprouting up everywhere!