1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why work overseas? Research for MA - help needed

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by kkkkkk, Jul 13, 2012.

1. To all OTTs,
    As part of my MA I am researching teacher's motivations for seeking work abroad. If you have previously or are currently working in a country that is different to the one in which you trained please help!
    The survey will only take a few minutes of your time. It is easy to complete and totally anonymous. Your details and responses will remain completely confidential but your answers will help form a picture of what factots influence people in deciding to teach abroad and/or return home.
    Please take a couple minutes out of your busy teachign and prpe time and follow this link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FLSM262
    Huge thanks and happy holidays to you all!

2. roverlei

roverlei New commenter

Very happy to help as I'd be keen to see the results. However, the survey is a little confusing.
    - I assume the first page refers to work in the country in which you trained
    - There's no 1 - 10 on the radio buttons on the second page, meaning you don't know which is the highest scoring end.
    - Some of the wording is a little ambiguous - can you be a little more specific?

Sorry, not having a go - just wanting you to get accurate survey results. Happy to complete it when I know what's what!

3. Agreed, I tried to fill it out but it's rather vague.

4. Thanks for your feedback. Constructive and helpful - great!
    I hope I have edited the survey to make it clearer, particularly question 3. I can't label the columns so I hope the written information makes it clearer which end is which......
    Question 1 is a general question referring to all new job opportunities, at home or abroad.
    Please pass on any other advice because I want to ensure I get as many responses and a decent amount of accurate information to work with!
    Thank you![​IMG]

5. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Tried to but found it confusing.

6. Well take question one for example, my priorities when looking for a job overseas are very very different from my priorities when looking for a job at home.

7. Hi Lisa248,
    The idea of the survey is to find out people's motivations for;
    a) going to work abroad initially
    b) why they decide to continue working abroad or return home
    Therefore the questions are designed to get reasons for both.
    Question 1 is asking what factors you consider to be imortant when looking for a new job - either at home or abroad. Q3 asks about jobs abroad only and q4 about staying at or leaving that overseas job.
    For some teachers their motivations and reasons for each may be very similar but for others there may be totally different reasons depending on each scenario.
    I hope that clears it up.
    Thanks for your feedback.