1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why the Lock Out?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Burndenpark, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Hi all- there's been a thread locked and I can't see why, any one got suggestions? (including the @mods )
    https://community.tes.com/threads/2...0-british-children-are-homeless.727590/page-7

It was the one where Cantandmorecant made claims that
    :"more than 100,000 British children being homeless this Christmas" based on a Shelter appeal that did NOT include the word British.

It also looks like Horatio Blows forgot who he was posting as when he made a reply to me since only Cantandmorecant had tried.

IceCreamVanMan and sabrinakat like this.
  2. SirHenry@RawlinsonEn

SirHenry@RawlinsonEn Occasional commenter

The mystery of new moderation Mr.Park.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My guess? They got so many complaints from all sides they decided to lock it and save themselves anymore hassle.

4. Horatio_Blows

Horatio_Blows Senior commenter

That's my guess too. Why the complaints? Too much truth coming out.

5. Horatio_Blows

I see you started this before I suggested you start it. Like I said, you replied to comments I made and I replied to that. You seem confused about that.

Didn't a couple of people give up replying to you when you didn't understand their comments? Tbh,as you didn't understand who said what to who, I'm not surprised they did. Or maybe you forgot who you were supposed to be at the time?

6. Burndenpark

The most revealing posts IMO where
    1) when it turned out that the OP had mysteriously added a word to something from Shelter to change it's meaning.
    2) The one where you somehow knew where Cantandmorecant (the OP) had picked his images from in the OP and
    3) where you said that you'd already explained something to me, in spite of not having responded- but interestingly Cantandmorecant had.

Why do I get the feeling that you and Cantandmorecant were two of those who complained?

sabrinakat likes this.
  7. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

.....were 'two' ?

8. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Particularly the 'truth' of the title of the original thread - not for the first time....

IceCreamVanMan likes this.
  9. Horatio_Blows

Your idea of truth doesn't seem to be shared by many.

10. Burndenpark

Not really, I asked you a question in post 118 you replied in 121
    Could you tell me in which post you had explained why the OP wasn't misleading? post 97 is where I exposed the OP as being, at best misleading, Cantandmorecant had tried to explain it and failed you hadn't made any reference up to it until saying that you'd already explained it to me.

Nope the thread is still there for people to read- they just can't post on it
    https://community.tes.com/threads/2...0-british-children-are-homeless.727590/page-6

IceCreamVanMan likes this.
  11. Horatio_Blows

So your real reason for starting this thread is to rehash a thread that was locked? I see. Why don't you ask the moderators why it was locked since no one here seems to know?

I didn't. Maybe you did?

12. Burndenpark

I'm guessing that the thread was locked after complaints about it. I've seen it before where posters having been caught with their socks down have bombarded the mods with complaints to get a thread pulled.
    Obviously someone running two or more accounts would be able to complain two or more times.

13. Horatio_Blows

That's what happens on public threads. Other people's comments get posted in between.

No because it's rehashing a thread that's been locked.

Before it was locked. Now is there anything else apart from trying to rehash a locked thread? I mean, that's the reason why you started this thread after all. If there isn't anything except rehashing, I'l see you on another thread.

14. Horatio_Blows

I expect you know a lot about it. Why does that not surprise me?

15. Horatio_Blows

The real question is of course why it would receive complaints in the first place? Did you see any reason?

16. IceCreamVanMan

IceCreamVanMan Occasional commenter

Hopefully HB will remember who he is!

17. Horatio_Blows

I never forget. Do you have that problem?

18. Burndenpark

No- I'm just curious why you claimed to have explained something to me when the only person who had tried to explain it was a different poster.
    I'm also curious why the thread was locked.

I have done- read the OP of this thread again if you missed it.

Nope- but why would I. We'd just seen both you and the OP exposed- things like that aren't something I'd have any interest in seeing removed.
    No the only posts between those were yours. The important thing is that you posted that you'd already explained something which you hadn't mentioned at all under this name.
    So which name were you posting under when you did explain it?
    Nope- just say where you explained it to me under your HB username and that will expose me as a fool, don't and it shows you up for something worse.

19. Horatio_Blows

Still rehashing?

Byeee!

20. Burndenpark

To HB

No post number?

Don't you feel just a little embarrassed?

Do your feet feel hot, having two socks burnt at once?