1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Teaching Matters

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by ajh78, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ajh78

ajh78 New commenter

Hello - hope everyone is well? I have an interview next week and I have to give a talk on why teaching matters. I have some ideas and I have watched some videos on TED but just thought I would get some fellow educators' ideas as well. I have asked current pupils (differing abilities and gender) about their experience of online learning to gauge whether teaching and having a teacher is better than remote learning (they all agree it is, we're not out of jobs just yet!), I have asked my friend who works at an ITT provider and I have asked a previous pupil of mine who was exceptional.
    I don't have any books at home to research through - does anyone know any I can look at online?
    This is my dream job and there are 5 other applicants so I would appreciate any help possible.