1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Study Art? | TateShots

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by AndrewvanZyl, Oct 15, 2018.

1. AndrewvanZyl

AndrewvanZyl Occasional commenter

Published on Oct 12, 2018
    We asked leading artists, actors, filmmakers, architects and choreographers why art should be on the curriculum. Watch their responses.Should art be on the curriculum? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.Featuring: David Hockney, Yinka Shonibare MBE, Michael Craig-Martin, Catherine Opie, Cate Blanchett, Anne-Marie Imafidon, Cornelia Parker, Wolfgang Tillmans, Amanda Levete, Tania Bruguera, Bob and Roberta Smith, Michael Clark, Jacqueline Wilson, Alan Parker and Jeremy Deller.

daniellepet likes this.
  2. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

I believe art and creativity akin with inventing / research should be encouraged and enabled but often there is a need for someone or something to inspire them to start the process. At junior school my teacher enthused greatly about painting / sculpture / weaving and I was inspired by the works of Salvador Dali. At work I channeled my creativity into writing computer programs but I always come back to making things / art.