1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why, oh why, can't we stay logged in anymore?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by sidinz, Apr 12, 2011.

1. I used to be able to have my browser automatically log me in every time I opened a TES page. I would then stay logged in for as long as I had a TES window open.
    Not any more. They've monkeyed with the system.
    Now I have to specifically log on to check my PMs and if the powers-that-be decide that I've been reading threads for too long, I get logged out and I have to log in again to post. Uses up unnecessarily my data allowance with all this going back and forth bewtween logon pages and other pages.
    I just spent a long time composing a very detailed answer to PM questions, only to go to post it and find that I'd been logged out. Whole lot gone. Very irritating, to say the least.
    So, TES boffins, why can't we have the old system back, where we could stay logged on until we closed all TES windows? Much, much, much more user friendly.