1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why is it that...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ... some olives smell a bit... sewage-y??

This has happened a couple of times. Must be the dressing or something. Yuck.

2. ... some olives smell a bit... sewage-y??

This has happened a couple of times. Must be the dressing or something. Yuck.

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It is because olives are grown in the pits of hell.
    They are the food of satan and all his minions.

Olives are disgusting - the smell is God's way of warning you not to eat them!

4. butties

butties New commenter

Shall we assume you don't like olives?

5. I usually LOVE olives, but these are going in the bin, I'm afraid.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Is it that obvious?!

7. How long have you been keeping them in the fridge???!
    I love olives. Parmesan cheese on the other smells of vomit. A girl I know once ate some so she could make out she'd been sick and go home from work!

8. They're new!

9. butties

butties New commenter

No Bethannie not obvious at all, just a wild guess!

10. I agree with Bethannie. I have tried and tried to like olives as for some strange reason I feel I ought to like them, but every attempt simply reinforces my dislike of them.

11. colpee

colpee Star commenter

They're off! I love olives prefer big fat crunchy green ones, the children prefer calamata but eat any very greedily. But there is little to compare with the sheer nastiness of a mushy bad one, yuck.

12. A lot of curries look like sewage too

13. I, too, can't stand olives. I can trace this hatred back to my 10th birthday, MANY moons ago! we had gone out as a family for a meal, and in amongst the salad garnish nestled some black olives. Now, me being a 10 yr old in the 60s, I'd never encountered olives before, so my Dad, bless his little cotton socks, offered me the 'grapes' from his plate. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I eagerly scoffed them.............................................................. I shall leave the rest to your imagination.[​IMG]

14. I love the big green ones stuffed with chillies, bought some today and am trying to ration myself!! Think I might go and have another one, just to check that they are still fresh!!

15. I didn't like olives unti lI went to Greece and had Kalamata olives. I still don't really like the ones with dressings on but Ive never come across "sewagey" ones!