1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

why is it that everything happens at once

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kangaroo.poop, Jan 7, 2011.

1. this morning i woke to find my grandma had died in the night.
    she had had breating problems from asthma and smoking. she quit smoking but was having the odd one or two.
    unfortunately grandad couldn't get her breathaliser drugs to help on this attack and the paramedics couldn't either.
    i had only spoken to her about my operation on wednesday and she was sounding quite healthy

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Aww what ashock that must have been. Can't imagine anything will make you feel better but Big Hugs anyway xx

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. Best wishes to you.

4. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

Oh how awful. So very sorry.

5. I am very sorry to hear your sad news. My best wishes to you and yours.

6. thanks
    i don't feel as bad as i did think i would. I had thought about he dying before because in the past she had been ill but quite well recently. i just don't know if i am supposed to feel more upset

7. Kanga, pop over to the bereavement thread. You will find some amazing people there to help with the way you are feeling.

8. thanks i didn't know there was one, this place has everything

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

So sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

10. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, a great many people are dying today who have never died before.

11. is that supposed to be funny shifter?

12. Don't be surprised if your apparent equanimity dissolves in the face of ...... drinking a cup of tea ....... or any other trivial daily activity.
    Get through the funeral day first, then see how you're affected on your birthday or other significant family events.
    Take care of yourself.

13. Take care Roo. You were kind enough to respond to me on another thread, so I sincerely wish you all the best Annie x

14. already had my birthday in hospital!
    i think i will be affected when grandmas name isnt on cards and that i dont have to buy her a gift/ card for birthday and christmas.
    i was glad that i spoke to her on the wednesday and she died on thursday night, and grandad said its all she would talk about that i had called ect. just because she liked to talk to me not because i never called!
    the funeral is on monday and once thats done i can just think of her as i wish.