1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard to follow your own advice?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I am faced with a wee dilemma (nothing life shattering - just a question of timing and juggling) and I know exactly what I would advise anyone else to do.
    So why am I umming and ahhing and coming up with lots of "but ifs.."?
    It is most annoying. My sensible streak seems to have flown the nest and there is this wee devil sitting on my shoulder [​IMG]

2. I am faced with a wee dilemma (nothing life shattering - just a question of timing and juggling) and I know exactly what I would advise anyone else to do.
    So why am I umming and ahhing and coming up with lots of "but ifs.."?
    It is most annoying. My sensible streak seems to have flown the nest and there is this wee devil sitting on my shoulder [​IMG]

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Ah well...it's much easier to give advice than to take it .Even if it is your own.

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Established commenter

I know JUST what you mean. Could you get a helpful friend to give you the same advice? YOu might be more inclined to follow it ifit came from someone else!

5. I am always more inclined to follow it if it comes from someone else. I have been rehearsing a conversation in my head to have with Dad tomorrow, so that I can make it all sound like it was his idea and I do the sensible thing he suggests I do.
    Honestly, the ways you have to trick your own brain...

6. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Is it only you that thinks the advice is sensible?

My advise would be, "feed him in the morning and then if he is still blue, take him to the vet in the evening."

7. Noooooooooooooooooooo, tis what everyone else would tell me to do too.
    I am just trying to find excuses not to do it and put it off for a few months.
    And I can always find lots of excuses for myself...

8. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Which path would cause you the least dis-ease....?

9. augh! can't we all!