1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

why is it good for trainee teachers to use TES

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by questionsandanswers, Sep 15, 2016.

1. questionsandanswers

questionsandanswers Occasional commenter

need some motivation please

2. noexcuses

noexcuses New commenter

No one said it was!

3. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

As with everything in life you've got to find which style, resources or mediums work for you individually. Some people will prefer to find resources and support on TES, others prefer (or are able to) use resources and support in the real world.

My mentor on my second placement had a massive go at me for using a resource I had found on TES and adapted slightly. She was mental though. Looked like a witch.

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Why do you need motivation...it's not compulsory :/

I used it in my pgce to see other's experiences, somewhere to get advice and somewhere anonymous to rant.

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

... because they may model good use of the question mark ? ;)

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I managed just fine without it....

(Possibly not my most helpful post).

sabrinakat and dominant_tonic like this.
  7. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

It's great to get and share advice and good practices with other people in the same industry and the different topic forums enables us to discuss matters in a categorised form, and it's anonymous (to a point)

8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

At some point, you realise that re-inventing the wheel is pointless.

sabrinakat and wanet like this.
  9. oHelzo

oHelzo Occasional commenter

Training and working in schools with no scheme of work, lack of sharing and minimal resources, you can't make everything up yourself. TES resources were very useful on several occasions, used one for an observation, tutor knew where they'd come from but knew my situation and was happy enough I'd put my own spin on it. The moral support for tricky situations is brilliant too.

10. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

Hi. I have just more or less starting primary teacher training, and it has been very intensive to say the least. Trainee teachers need to find places of good, trusted support where there is a network of people with experience.

I have in the past few days come on here to discuss my thoughts and ideas and to gain different interpretations. Sometimes its not easy to ask colleagues or lecturers. I find that the forums are very accessible.