1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why is everyone so snappy on here lately?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by bbibbler, Apr 9, 2011.

1. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Or I could just keep posting and let people make up thier own minds[​IMG]

2. Good idea. People can make up their own minds.
    ...a little bit more...

3. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

Well SMT dude it is in fact a combination of all three! Where did I detect it? Well you could call it female intuition " the banterings back and forth" could best be described as "a lovers tiff" and if they are indeed relating to more serious issues they are still pretty entertaining to read!
    Roll on Friday then hopefully the short break before term 3 will cool everyone down [​IMG]

4. Principal-Skinner

Principal-Skinner Occasional commenter

Mainwaring, the OP is complaining about people being snappy and here you are doing just that.

5. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I had some really good advice from people when I first started looking and after I was offered my job. I feel that having experienced people you can ask questions to is really important. I also think the banter and in-jokes have their place. Surely it is about everyone getting what they want/need from the threads, remembering that not all threads will be useful to them and thinking occasionally what it was like when you first started out in the international circuit. What would have happened if you didn't have anywhere to ask questions of people? So many teachers don't have connections with those who have been on the circuit - I certainly didn't! Thank you to those who had the patience to help me.

Also, how do we get smilies on Safari?

6. Are people complaining about the snappiness or just pointing it out? Complaints don't always change the behaviour of those being complained about.
    That's what ASBOs are for...

7. I hope everyone is enjoying the good, clean air of unsnappiness at the moment...
    [​IMG].

8. Up yer berm.

9. Refer to vpost 33. It's not my cup of tea, squire.

10. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Agree with all that you say, except about Drogba. Never liked him and he doesn't do much for me in the manlove department either (and it's not just because he kills the Gooners almost everytime we play). One of my favorite schadenfreude moments was watching him choke in the penalty kicks against Egypt back in the 2006 African Cup.
    Hopefully he will meet with similar embarrassments again soon (inshallah).

11. No doubt c. £150,000 a week (Gosh, that's nearly what I would earn in half a decade - mind you I do have BUPA...) and Dude's slightly gushing admiration will keep him battling on...

12. A tad dull too!
    Everyone agreeing with each other and patting each others' backs. It's just not the same without the odd spanner in the works. [​IMG]
    But, failing that, world peace and harmony it is... [​IMG]
    Come on then, Yas, M, Dude, BFG, Dazzler (but not next to me...), Robby, Karvol, luvlylady, Shriek, Stoppers, MM (not sure about that Springfield Principal sort - seems a bit stiff)....how about a big group hug?

...bucket....

13. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Boris, my big dog (Spanish greyhound-mastiff cross) likes group hugs. Biggles the terrier (some say 'terror') snarls in contempt at the very idea.
    Remember these wise words, O ye pacific types, next time you censure my Clovis obsession. Talking of which, Bobb (aka Clovis, WJHolyroller, Sheetmucus, Maeve 507 and counting, Call-me-legion-for we-are-many) has been having an almighty spat over on Opinion with <strike>Gracie</strike> Lily (O come, let us adore me) of the Fields. Two of my favourite posters behaving disgracefully on one thread. Wot larks.

14. I don't wish to be a pain in the **** but I don't think I like this 'manlove' thing.

15. No comment

16. Logging in for the Great Anti-Snappy Virtual Group Hug!

17. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Group hugs?
    As chief executioner of the Republic of Moronia, I hereby declare that you are all to fight to the death. And NOT in the Roman or the Spartan style of wearing a leather posing pouch and oil (according to the movies), that would be too much like manlove.....

18. lovely.lady

Why? Haven't you got one of your own? Is it full of sand? Or did you mean for an 'insult' to rhyme with <strike>'b </strike>ucket (f)???
    How deliberately rude of you, sand-dancer! [​IMG]

19. lovely.lady

Were you not totally abhorrant with regards to manlove? I just wonder if this was a smoke screen as you are now expressing much interest in another mans reproduction organ!
    Plus you appear to have intimate knowledge of size perhaps it is this size that attracts you in the first place.

I do wonder about your motives!

20. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Pharaoh has always made a point of being totally abhorrent. He can even spell it. In fact he has received several awards and I understand that the Bbibbler Centre for Applied Abhorrency has offered a Chair (or possibly a sofa).
    As you're obviously the one with the homo-erotic and penile fixations I doubt if anybody's wondering about yours.