1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why I love my Mother in Law!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by charlene_bell, Dec 26, 2011.

1. I love my mother in law, she bought me the bestest present ever - A Kenwood Multi Pro Processor. I love it. So excited and can't wait to use it.
    Did anyone else get any lovely presents?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I did.....but not cookery related.
    Mr Belle bought me a gold Pandora charm, a Jo Malone candle, vintage Moet champagne and glasses and a new Sony Vaio laptop. I felt totally spoiled!
    I already have a brialliant food processor so I know you will love yours!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Nothing from o/h, he didn't know what to get me and hadn't had time, nice necklace and bracelet from the dog, bracelet from my friend, cheque from Mum, wine from sister.

4. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

My mum went mad for me in Lakeland (I'm not allowed in there unsupervised anymore. Or Hobbycraft).

She bought me some new sandwich tins, a set of loose-bottomed round tins and a fantastic square tin with inserts so you can bake several cakes and different sizes all at the same time in the one tin. Can't wait to try them all out!

Also received a slow-cooker recipe book and the Hummingbird bakery recipe book. I think they're all telling me to get busy in the kitchen!

My sister got us tickets for Joan Baez in March and OH is taking me to see Fascinating Aida on Thursday. I have been well and truly spoilt this year [​IMG]

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy New Year!

5. Lovely, lovely book tokens. Lots and lots of book tokens! And new books......
    I'm in heaven.

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I was totally spoiled - Mr EG bought me a matching sapphire and diamond braclet and necklace, my children bought me a Lulu McGuinness bag and I also had a lot of book tokens and Lakeland vouchers as well as Nigel Slater Tender parts 1 and 2 and some Emma Bridgewater cake tins (which I have wanted for AGES!).

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Totally spoiled by all this year.
    Non food related: lots of lovely books, lots of music (listening to the new White Denim album as I type), some apparently very trendy slippers (??!!), a very luxurious dressing gown, some comfy pyjamas, a Noam Chomsky documentary DVD, some nice aftershave...plus a few more odds and ends
    Food related: Jane Grigson's English Food, a lovely looking chorizo, some jamon belota, a heat diffuser (needed one for ages, kept forgetting to get one), some very posh Chococo chocolate, a limited edition Jura whisky, some wine, a bottle of jerk sauce made by a guy who makes the best jerk chicken at our local market and....off Mrs909, a table for two for the seven course tasting menu at JSW in Petersfield.
    http://www.jswrestaurant.com/index.php
    All got to do now is get M-i-L down and have M for the night - thinking Feb half term...