1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why have a dealine on a Sunday? Edexcel Drama

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Alf58, May 8, 2011.

1. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Just out of interest, why have Edexcel made their deadline for the receipt of moderationn material a Sunday (15th May) when there is no post on Sunday. Why not Friday 13th or Monday 16th?
    Another point, given the royal Wedding and the cluster of bank holidays all so close together, will moderators be sympathetic if moderation stuff arrives on Monay 16th rather than Saturday 14th which is the last day it could arrive within deadline since there is no post on Sundays?
    I know that Arthur Dent is an Edexcel moderator, so I will be particularly interested in what he has to say although all contributions are most welcome.

2. This is particularly irritating. I'm wondering what's the latest day to leave it unposted as I know the post is pretty backlogged at the mo having not received presents for my BF's birthday in time. In the dog house; slightly...

3. I know WJEC have told their centres that they're happy for stuff to arrive on Monday 16th.

4. Alf58

Any further input? Any answers?

5. To arrive on Monday, material would need to be posted on Saturday.
    As most (all) exams officers I know don't work Saturdays, I don't see a problem. They will have posted materials on Friday before going home for a Guiness or Pimms or whatever - delivered Saturday.
    I wouldn't have thought anyone receiving materials on Monday would give a stuff, but leaving it so close to the deadline isn't wise.
    (I'm not sure if DR01 and DR02 are the same as DR03, but if you don't submit your DVD of DR03 performances by the deadline, it disqualifies you from a re-mark if you request one).

6. Alf58

Thanks for your input.

7. Two things: 15 May is, I believe, the date that all boards have agreed for all exams - regardless of the day of the week. Should be easy to remember. Second thing: as a mod for GCSE and Edexcel, we have been told to expect parcels before the deadline because the deadline is just that: the day by which it should have arrived. We have also been told to expect some parcels on Monday and Tuesday, thereafter, they are late.

8. Alf58

I appreciate your response Arthur.

All is now clearer although if all exam boards agree on the same date for receipt of moderation material, why not make it a day when there is a postal delivery? Weird.

9. I think A level has always been around 15 May and the date was fixed around that. Yes, very odd to pick a date that's at the weekend this year. But, then, exam boards are a bit strange at times. Nothing like the 5DR03 thing mentioned above. All we will do with 5DR01 and 2 is make reference to the late arrival of materials on the E9.