1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why do you want to work at this school

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by slippeddisc, May 17, 2008.

1. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I always think the reasons I come up with sound cheesy.

You need to personalise this answer to the school. Not come up with an answer you ALWAYS say. WHY do you want to work at that school?

2. I was always told that I interviewed well (it took 4 interviews to get a job) and I always included something about myself and how I feel I would develop at the school. Is it clear they have good professional development set-up? If so, make the most of the opportunity to tell them how you plan to develop as a professional with the school.

3. Don't plan too much for this question, it might not even come up at all. In the end, if you get on really well with the panel, you get the job! That seems to be the rule!

4. I would always go on their school website and try and pick out something that was special about their school. For example, if they have just re-developed their playground I would comment on this and tie it in with how that shows me what sort of school they are etc. If you personalise it, it shows how interested you are in the school.