1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do People Hate Nigel Farage?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

We'll have to differ then

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Agreed.

3. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I was wondering when someone would bring up that alleged assassination attempt :rolleyes:

4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  5. Scintillant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I don't hate Farage more than any other politician. I'd be interested to know why anyone considers him to be worthy of discussion anymore though.

He failed to get elected in the constituency that was hand-picked to give him the best possible chance of becoming an MP.

The only two MPs his party has ever had were defectors from the Tories and now there's just the one. The last election was talked about as being the best chance UKIP had of getting a breakthrough and it turned out to be a damp squib.

How much longer will it take for the handful of UKIP fans to get the message?

Scintillant likes this.
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

I thought he was a bitter drinker.

8. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

UKIP got 12.6% of all votes cast in the last election, third most popular party (in terms of votes) after the Conservatives and Labour. UKIP got more votes than the Liberals and SNP put together. I would say that election result though poor in terms of seats gained was hardly a "damp squib". Probably more than "a handful" of UKIP supporters.

Cameron's current machinations with the EU powers is of course placing Nigel Farage and UKIP firmly in the public consciousness since any discussion on membership of the EU inevitably involves the party that was set up primarily as an anti EU party.

Vladimir and delnon like this.
  9. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

To what extent was UKIP's impressive performance over the last few years achieved by lots and lots of cash from former tory supporters who have now gone back to the tories?

What's that rodent-like aroma?

10. Scintillant

I don't think he's fussy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vladimir and aspensquiver_2 like this.
  11. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Remember this?

download-3.jpg

12. palmtree100

palmtree100 Lead commenter

I think characters like Farage and Trump seem kind of laughable characters that you sort of joke about... until they get into power.
    Like George Bush.

lanokia, Vladimir and Yoda- like this.
  13. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Very true. Oh and don't forget Corbyn!!!

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Nigel will not get into power he has however served a valuable purpose.

delnon likes this.
  15. Vladimir

Cameron is an utter disgrace to this country! He is the worst PM ever, and that includes Brown and Chamberpot! Every time he tries to bargain he ends up looking a fool. That I don't mind per se. What I do mind is that he is making us all look like idiots! The irony is rather amusing, though. Still think UKIP is a marginal, crackpot party, Mr Cameron? If you do, or even if you don't, why don't you face-off with Farage in public debate? He'd eat you alive, that's why!

16. Vladimir

I stand corrected! I thought you'd go for a gag on the 'bitter' bit, but no. I respect Nigel even more now. But then again, he is more European than he's given credit for. His wife is German and he knows the workings of the EU inside out, unlike Dave who only seems to go to Brussels when he wants to show himself up. So of course Farage would like his wine! He does look rather happy and carefree, though, doesn't he? Unlike Dave who looks permanently perplexed these days. I can't think why!

17. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That remains to be seen. If in the referendum, Britain votes to leave the EU, Farage will be judged to have played a part. If on the other hand, Britain votes to stay in, the whole business of calling for a referendum will turn out to be an expensive irrelevance.

18. Vladimir

They said Trump wouldn't but now they're worrying that he will.

19. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

You are, as so many, trying to portray UKIP voters as fools and dinosaurs and a left wing paper has tripped you up, sorry. Would you admit that UKIP has a decent youth vote, which to their credit the Guardian of all papers has done?

20. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Good try but he has already become an historical figure as we all know he alone (practically) is the ONLY reason we are getting the vote. Labour were scared of letting the peopled decide, the Tories scared the UKIP vote would split their seats and lose the election and so felt forced to offer the referendum.

A referendum can never be summarized as irrelevant.

The referendum is completely down to UKIP and Farage's relentless passion for debate and an ability to convince people.

Play it down if you wish but deep down we all know, you too, the man has made a colossal impact on recent politics in the UK. Surely you can be big enough to admit that?