1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do People Hate Nigel Farage?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Meaning...?

2. Vladimir

Milliband is utterly pathetic! He tries to do that 'look what a clever politician I am because I can lie to your face, ignore questions and get away with it and use hand gestures like Tony' but he's just so bad at it, it's embarrassing to behold. He probably thinks that's all being a politician is, because he obviously has nothing of value to say. He's a child playing the king.

lexus300 likes this.
  3. Rajindamum

Rajindamum New commenter

I don't. I'd like him to be our Prime minister.:)

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I've seen two or three people here repost old footage of Farage and other UKIP luminaries from youtube and I wondered if someone at UKIP had recently started promoting the clips. It seemed the sort of grassroots-ish thing they would do.

Vladimir likes this.
  5. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

I am sure there exists footage on You Tube of Mr Corbyn's finest moments. Why don't you post it by way of balance?

6. Vladimir

Thank you for your explanation. I can't speak for anyone else but the clips I post are done so on my own initiative and because I think they are important in showing the facts and educating people about the truths behind current issues and debates. For too long, Farage has been vilified and ridiculed unfairly, but the video evidence shows he has been right time and time again. It's time to listen.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

To the original question

Because he's a bigot and a *****.........simples.

8. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I think it's a little condescending to suggest that the only reason people vote for UKIP is as a protest vote because they're angry.

It's also a tactic used quite frequently to dismiss their successes. " let's not take any of these voters seriously they're clearly just angry".

After all, how many Labour or Tory voters do so because of their policies and an in depth understanding of their campaign? Probably not many. I'd say in general most voters are as clued up as each other and rely largely on sounesbites and rhetoric

delnon, Vladimir and Alf58 like this.
  9. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

*citation needed

10. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Farage is let down by his own party.

images-1.jpg

11. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

Do you have any evidence to suggest Farage is a bigot? Isn't he entitled to be bigoted?

Vladimir likes this.
  12. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

The Tweedle-Diddle and Tweedle-Dumb parties hate him because he threatens their cosy cartel. If they can't take the wheels off his wagon, he doesn't need many more votes to take power on the same undemocratic minority vote as they do,and that would throw many of them off the gravy train. But if they abandon FPTP to stop him, they've thrown themselves off the gravy train. Stand by for a plethora of dirty tricks...

Vladimir, lexus300 and T0nyGT like this.
  13. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Has always been so. Our democracy is no different to the Rome client system, where you simply ensure you have friends and family with you when it is time to vote. Labour politicians believed (not all) that mass immigration would help them stay in power as the new 'poorer' in society would then vote for them. And this is probably true.

Thatcher did the same when she allowed 'poor' people to buy council houses at knock down prices and they promptly (not all) sold at a massive profit and became Tory voters as suddenly it was more painful and wrong to pay taxes.

The problem with such thinking and not least action is it creates massive divisions in people - coming from Hackney in London where most made an absolute killing and became real 'Loads a Money' people, I know the bitterness, envy and 'you sold your soul' arguments STILL rage.

Mass immigration has led to the debate we have now over EU and has created seeds for right extremism to grow.

We need politicians who really do care about the society they create and not just how much they can earn in money and prestige. I am, I will admit, not sure how we can do this. You always hear the expression 'when we are in power' and this sums it up - why is it not 'when we are in a position to serve the people'. Is indeed ALL about power and sadly always was.

14. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I agree. Watching Farage's speeches in European parliament, it's difficult to not admire him. But then the rest of his party make it so damn easy for the BBC and Guardian to destroy them in the media by being the sort of men who spend 11 hours a day in Northern pubs complaining about darkies.

vinnie24, Yoda- and Vladimir like this.
  15. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

We did?

I cannot recall such a referendum.

But I certainly think we should have a PR system, preferably one like the Germans use.

delnon likes this.
  16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

True. It's also because they are less intelligent and have the lowest IQ of any voter group, aside from the BNP as shown in a study of a 1970 cohort. They are also more likely to be male, older and have lower educational attainment...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/laurence-stellings/ukip-poll-voters_b_6631026.html

So, it's angry old stupid men. Or perm any combination from those...

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  17. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...for-ukip-among-gen-y-voters-doubles-in-a-year

Vladimir likes this.
  18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

UKIP gave a voice to peoples concerns over the way the EU dominates our politics, laws, economy and immigration. Had the other three mains listened to the peoples concerns then UKIP would not exist.
    We should be grateful to UKIP because without them our second and final chance to get away from EU domination would not happen. Yes, I know it has not happened yet but it will.

Vladimir likes this.
  19. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I'm not sure that is actually true.
    Even without UKIP that decision was going to be forced simply through political in-fighing and the unending desire to win votes.

UKIP may have speeded it up a little though

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

IMO it would not have happened without UKIP and if you go back a while, DC and many others were ridiculing UKIP's stance regarding a referendum.

delnon and Vladimir like this.