1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do People Hate Nigel Farage?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I expect his mother loved him as all ours did. or she wouldn't have have been kept up at all hours to help him survive like ours did.

He's a man among equals on that score.

How he's regarded since depends on what he did after that. I judge people not only by whether they have the ability to gather the common vote, but by whether they have the common interest at heart.

Farage tries his best to have the common touch, in the photo shoots but he loses it the moment he walks out the bar surrounded by his henchmen, the moment the photo shoot is over. He's just another politician, doing the same thing the rest of them do.

You won't find Farage walking into a pub on his own to canvass opinion. It's just stage managed stuff like the rest of the pathetic alternative to politics we get offered these days.

You could choose to hate any of the political parties on offer and be applauded for it because there isn't a single one with a policy worth voting for that would give hope for our offspring.

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I don't hate him. I save my hatred for really worth while causes!!

3. Painted_Bird

Painted_Bird Senior commenter

Did you see it on mainstream media?

Didn't think so.

Vladimir likes this.
  4. Painted_Bird

Typical tactic of many on the Left.

Yep. The Tories are being investigated for breaking electoral spending limits.

Vladimir likes this.
  5. Painted_Bird

Like he ducked out of all previous debates. Pathetic.

Vladimir likes this.
  6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Actually it was well reported on multiple media sites at the time, the video was part of many outlets commentaries and it was even on the BBC.

I could give you the various and multiple links but I'd rather you spent some time using the search engine of your choice.
    It may be of educational benefit to you to understand how easy it is to disprove such sweeping statements.

7. Painted_Bird

Humour me anyway by providing the links along with their commentary.

Vladimir likes this.
  8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Farage is never off the bloody telly. He doesn't seem able to turn that exposure into actual seats.

Mangleworzle and ilovesooty like this.
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Possibly due to the way voting works in this country. Before all the immigration stuff really kicked off in Europe, UKIP got 4 million votes in the General Election. It is farcical that so many votes shoukd have resulted in just one MP. I have to wonder what the vote would have been if the election had been this year, and the people of the UK saw just what kind of 'culture' the migrants were bringing with them and just how powerless a prime minister really is when it comes to concessions from the EU. It has been said Dave is trying to rush the referendum through now, before MEPs get to vote on the issue because they can overturn any bogus deal Dave cons the weak-minded into thinking he's made. I think you would see a significantly different picture of things. The system has betrayed the people. Farage got a lot of votes and I'll bet there are as many kicking themselves for not voting for UKIP when they had the chance.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

In the last election had there been PR the party could have gained many seats in Parliament
    The Tories should be grateful the had FPP otherwise they night not be in charge,
    Although I think he shoots from the hip and is fearless(and by god we need such leaders today) the problem i have with his party is the follow on.I have read the manifestos and although it states appealing ideas I would like to see them filled out into real policies.
    If he is to be believed as on QT last week the he wants to see the UK great and we taking care of our own people.That folks try to diown you and crucify you is a good sign as it means they run scared of the party and him,

Vladimir likes this.
  11. Painted_Bird

Absolutely.

Vladimir likes this.
  12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Why?

The lies that are designed to appeal to people's base instincts, and foment division and ill will towards others

13. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

That applies to all the parties.we as voters are often fed a load of clap tap and listening to them in debate on things like QT proves they love to try and prove each other wrong and themselves better. Politicians do not want to tell the truth because they fear folks would get angry.or their party will go for them,

Vladimir likes this.
  14. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

The reason Farage is disliked? He offends the sensibilities of the liberal elite. He appeals to left and right wing voters and has an admirable stance when refusing to use politically correct language.
    He is a terrific orator and often speaks a lot of sense - most of it common. He knows exactly what he stands for and he doesn't seem terribly fussed about being popular. Principled yes, but not popular. Quite admirable in a twenty-first century politician.
    His treatment on Question Time by other panelists is often disgraceful yet he still manages to hold his own. He is a rare voice surrounded by smooth operators and grease balls.
    Despite not voting for him or his party, I think he is a refreshing tonic in the modern world. I hope he hangs around, even if it's to annoy the liberals!

Vladimir likes this.
  15. Flere-Imsaho

We had a referendum on PR. Did you campaign for it to be introduced? Did you even care? Or is it only now that UKIP are using it to claim some kind of success that you think it might be a valid system?

16. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I doubt anyone is running scared from Farage or UKIP.
    The fag and a pint persona and his continual appearances on TV are pretty laughable imo.

RedQuilt and InkyP like this.
  17. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Interesting. The audience in this video don't seem very happy with Nigel's speeches. I wonder why?

18. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

From about 35 seconds watch Milliband consistently duck and dive Farage asking him for a head-to-head debate on the EU. The level of discomfort shown by Milliband (as he keeps trying to blame Cameron!!) is awful - and Farage's 'got you there, mate' face when he asks and see M. squirm is a classic.

19. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

When it comes right down to it people don't actually vote for UKIP at a general election except as a protest.

If there were any danger of Nigel actually getting anywhere voters would instantly recoil. He's a buffoon. But buffoons are quite the 'in' thing. Trump, BoJo, Nigel. And like any professional buffoon Nigel's about as genuine, honest and authentic as any conman,

Supporting Trump and Farage is a way of declaring the old Peter Finch 'not taking it any more'. But any serious prospect of Nigel coming to power and it'd be, "No, you're alright, mate. Thanks but no thanks."

InkyP and Mangleworzle like this.
  20. Flere-Imsaho

Have UKIP got a new social media manager?