1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why do LGBT campaigners want to sexualise Primary schools?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Vince_Ulam, Jul 3, 2018.

1. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Established commenter

So your use of the table to demonstrate that treatment increases suicidal tendencies was not in fact correct then?

2. ridleyrumpus

OK, What did you mean.

3. ridleyrumpus

You are quite correct, but a physicians job is always to balance the benefits from the risks. If the risk of suicide/impaired MH etc is judged to be more damaging than the drugs then drugs should be prescribed.

4. ridleyrumpus

Nowhere? Really? Really?

You started the thread and YOU chose to name it

"Why do LGBT campaigners want to sexualise Primary schools?"

YOU added the tags.

"Indoctrination" "Manufacturing Sexuality" "LGBT"

LunaBlue123 likes this.
  5. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I do not think you believe this given your arguments about the social causes of suicide attempts in people who identify as transgender.

Frankly, the sudden increases in gender identity clinic referrals, in rapid onset gender dysphoria and its clustering in school year groups reminds me of the increased incidence of Asperger diagnoses following the rise in SEN coordinators.

Yes, they are. The proportion of all people who identify as transgender is estimated at 0.05% so in 99.95% of all people gender & sexuality are aligned with sex.

6. Vince_Ulam

You evidently.

You could read it that way if you choose but the article was not found to be in breach of the IPSO code. On the two points of contention in the IPSO complaint, it makes little practical difference whether Mermaids were the subject of a court order or whether, as they claim is the case, a judge had ruled 'that the child was to have no contact with Mermaids' - a judge clearly felt their influence over this child to be unwelcome. Referring back to the reason I posted it (my emphases):

The foreign doctor did indeed offer a hormone therapy to children i.e. hormone blockers.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. Vince_Ulam

No. The report hypothesises that stressors of all kinds combine with mental health issues to generate a strong suicidal tendency.

8. Vince_Ulam

What I said.

9. Vince_Ulam

Nowhere. Really, & really. I have not used the word community except in response to your claims that I have made claims using it or about a particular one.

'LGBT campaigners' is not synonymous with 'the LGBT community', nor do 'LGBT campaigners' necessarily represent all of 'the LGBT community', nor is it evident that there is such a demographic monolith as 'the LGBT Community'. People are very different from one another and cannot be politically or otherwise encapsulated by reference to a single characteristic or a set of characteristics.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    agathamorse likes this.
  10. ridleyrumpus

Perhaps you are referring to information you have not cited or shown because what you show here does not show what you state. Nor does the conclusions in the study support your position.

11. ridleyrumpus

Please expand

12. ridleyrumpus

You can read what you want but it does not show causation.

13. ridleyrumpus

No you didn't. You stated that treatment didnt work as suicide rates went up in the cohort who received treatment.

You used the table to demonstrate this. Yet if you read the report the table should not be used as a means of demonstrating cause and effect in the way you implied ie treatment causes higher suicide rates.

14. Vince_Ulam

No, the table works. What you do is look at the leftmost column then move your eyes gradually to the right, taking note of how the percentage of suicide attempts increase as you go. Great things, tables.

15. Vince_Ulam

Certainly: Not all people who identify or are labelled as transgender are, in fact, gender dysphoric.

Please note that I acknowledge in post #59 that there are people with gender dysphoria. Elsewhere on these boards I have expressed my support for people with gender dysphoria.

16. Vince_Ulam

It's difficult to argue otherwise, we can hardly run trials on rats as with tobacco & lung cancer. The rates are staggering when compared with the general population and even for those who are lesbian, gay or bisexual. Caution should be applied with affirmative interventions especially where children and young people are concerned.

17. ridleyrumpus

Nope.

You said "gender and sexuality are aligned with sex"

Yet now you say the majority have their 'gender and sexuality are aligned with sex" so is it all or the majority?

BTW your figures are wrong you are discounting the gay populace.
    I am pretty sure that they would not agree with your statement.

Do I have to point out that gender and sexuality are two different things?

18. ridleyrumpus

Have you actually read the report?

It makes it clear the reasons for the raised suicidal tendencies and it does not show a causation due to treatment.

19. Vince_Ulam

Yes I did. Post #87:
    Stressors.

Basic publishing hygiene to preserve the integrity of the authors & sponsors, but the conclusions of the data are self evident. Nobody can look at that table and not feel uneasy about the prospect of children being subjected to these interventions.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  20. Vince_Ulam

I did not say 'all'. Please do not pretend that I said things that you wish me to have said.

Show that my figures are wrong.

Both gender & sexuality are informed by sex.