1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why do I feel like crying today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by thewhiterabbit, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Are any of your teeth sore? I felt like that and after a couple of days realised my wisdom tooth was infected. Same thing happened to a friend of a friend. I just felt like sobbing and as if there was no fun. Went to dentist who cleaned it out and recommended hot salty water.
    Although I also recommend an early night - I love being in bed!

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It's bloody February and Spring's not coming soon enough. That would be my excuse anyway.

3. I cannot believe there's still one week until half term. Dragging myself out of bed this morning was ridiculously hard, and Mondays are particularly busy ones ((I tutor after school, plus dont have time to prepare/set up from Friday as thats my PPA so spend the day running round like a blue ar*ed fly).Last week my eyes were nearly closing in the staffroom at lunchtimes.
    Dont know how Id cope in a profession with less holidays!!

4. Actually you'd probably cope fine. I do another education related job now that although full on, isn't as relentless nor as stressful as teaching. When I was teaching I needed the holidays just to recover from the 50 yard stare I'd developed by half term. Now I get 3 weeks holiday a year but nowhere near as knacxxxxd as I was then

5. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I recommened 'The Notebook' if you want a good weep. Gets me every time.

6. THanks all for the responses. Think the weather and just tiredness were to blame. Had a lovely long shower and an early night and feel a bit better today. Valentine's Day has been nice too, so that's helped !!