1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why do I do this???

Discussion in 'Personal' started by way2serious, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I have had a good few days holiday and have managed to do a number of jobs around the house and garden. However, I also have quite a few bits to do for school and decided to start on these today. But typically I have spent the whole day dilly dallying and avoiding getting started. Consequently I am now in danger of having wasted the whole day and feel really cross with myself for wasting the time. I have got some family coming to stay for the next couple of days and so won't get any work done until at least Saturday now and will end up working over the bank holiday which I didn't want to do. why do I behave like this?? It was the same at half term - I spent all week thinking about work and avoiding it and then didn't enjoy the holiday or get anything done! i am so frustrated with my behaviour!! [​IMG]

2. Chill...you're being far too serious, way2serious.

3. Right, first thing first, the day is not over. I have been exactly the same as you all week but finally did school work yesterday and dare I say it, I am now actually a bit bored! Go and make a coffee, get all your school stuff together, start writing or checking your to do list for both school and home. Then START!! Pref with something for school ;)

4. Don't worry, I do the same thing every holiday! I always aim to have good intentions of getting things out of the way at the start of the week but I never ever do!
    Today's plan was to tackle the spare room as it is a mess. The reality is that I have sat on the sofa all day doing nothing [​IMG]

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I tend to spend the day on here and watching rubbish daytime TV. At about the time Mr BS is due home from work I finally manage to motivate myself to start doing some work. By then I am annoyed with myself so I am snappy with him and focussed on my work at the point in the day when I could have some company.
    I know I do it but I still do it everytime. That or not do anything at all!

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Time spent wasted is not the same as wasted time

Cheers

7. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I'm so glad I'm not alone.

I had every intention of starting on some school work today but it is now 2.45pm and I am still sat watching TV. This happens to me every holiday as well....

8. oh lordy....having just tuned in to sky tv's 'Hunks' program I think it may be time to actually go and tidy the spare room.
    Possibly the most awful program I have ever seen [​IMG]

9. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

lol I flicked over to that last night and could only last for about 5 minutes before turning it off. Yuck!

10. I love watching really trashy tv....but this is just one step too far, even for me! I don't understand the point of it! It isn't showing how 'real' men live, it is showing a group of complete *** thinking they are god's gift [​IMG]

11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It's called "having a rest".
    I'm guessing you work far too hard through the term. You do really have enough time to do everything, don't beat yourself up and do enjoy your holiday.

12. I am glad it isn't just me. I have just been watching TV for the afternoon and so nothing done yet! I do have more jobs to do around the house and haven't done these either! Oh well. I could try and organise some bits to do this evening as suggested and might be able to fit a couple of hours in tomorrow morning before my sister and family arrive if I get my head sorted!!