1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why do dog owners/walkers...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Aug 18, 2019.

1. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Need one of those... would be handy for when I'm running ...

dumpty likes this.
  3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Yup.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Wonder if it works on kids...

Hmmmm ...

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Some let their dogs defecate near outdoor restaurant seating and think that by cleaning up afterwards they are on the side of the angels.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maybe you have got it there. Dog owners use dogs to increase, unreasonably, their personal space. They are really manspreaders underneath it all.

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

You forgot sniffing crotches.

nomad likes this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

A new hobby?

cissy3 likes this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Well, if you plan to follow @sbkrobson 's advice, suggestion or illustration.

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

But then I won't be invited to the koolkidz parties!

12. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

If I got a whistle like that and sucked it rather than blowing it, would it mean dogs came to meet me?

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It depends on the crotch I am sniffing whether or not the Koolkidz would be more appealing.

14. primarycat

That sounds so wrong.

cissy3 and lanokia like this.
  15. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Is than not just asking for trouble? Do you really know your dogs that well?

Just last week a spaniel was killed by a mastiff cross on an Edinburgh street. The spaniel was on the lead and the force of the attack pulled its owner over. He banged his head on the pavement and was hospitalised. I’m sure, until then, the mastiff owner probably thought he knew his dog. The news report didn’t say whether it was on a lead, just that the owner was unable to hold it back. Now he’s been charged. Other passers by tried, without success, to release the spaniel’s head from the other dog’s jaws. The local vet arrived but was unable to save it. It was an appalling incident and needn’t have happened.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Yet you are debating sucking or blowing?

lanokia and primarycat like this.
  17. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Of course. A given. In the spirit of being friendly.

racroesus and primarycat like this.
  18. primarycat

Never claimed to be any more pure than you.

lanokia and racroesus like this.
  19. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

In case you've just joined this thread-sometimes a thread was just built to degenerate from the outset.

cissy3, primarycat and racroesus like this.
  20. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I've had dogs in my life all my life, except now, and allowing dogs to do just what they want (and children too) without teaching them some manners isn't very good. It is the owner's job to do this. Last year some people were sitting outside a pub near our river, eating their fish and chips, and their great big dog was at the other end of the park killing a duck. I did tell them and they seemed surprised and even more surprised when I showed them a notice which told them to keep their dogs under their control.

ilovesooty likes this.