1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't I use rich formatting when starting a thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Sep 1, 2015.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Also the chain link does not work either!

I use chrome if that makes any difference.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

It works for me on firefox. Has it always not worked or is it just a recent phenomenon?

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If I click on start a new thread all I get is a text box. There is no rich formating link and the chain link icon is not active.

Back on the old 'pre improved' site you could just copy and paste a link and it would be active in the post, progress uh?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Blazer, I use Chrome. When starting a thread, the rich formatting isn't available, as all the options are there from the start.

Before you try the chainlink icon, do you highlight the url/link?

Eg:

cut and paste url:

community.tes.co.uk/.../721286.aspx

then highlight that url. Once you have highlighted it, the chain icon should become active.

Then you click it, and then click 'insert', when prompted.

6. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Rich formatting only shows up when you reply, it would seem. Not something I really noticed before.

7. grammarlady

grammarlady Occasional commenter

I just used rich formatting for the first time. It wouldn't let me put the smiley face after my post. It decided the face had to be in front of the post. Not a big issue, true, but I thought I would be in charge of my replies. I was wrong.