1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't I get a gardener and general handyman?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Marshall, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Marshall

Marshall Established commenter

Need a lot of work doing at home - in the garden and general handy jobs. I have asked 3 people and they are all willing and eager and then don't turn up. The jobs are not difficult - general garden maintenance and things like replacing guttering which they advertise that they can do.
    I thought there was a need for jobs out there?

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Where are you marshall?I am a general builder/handyman/landscaper.
    or send me a private message if yu dodnt want to revel where you are please.
    there are loads of handymen on the web..but unfortunately the malise of the english strik4es and they dont turn up.

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I feel your pain. We have been trying to get rubbish removed from the yard (building work) for 4 months now. Loads of different rubbish men have said they will come, some even came and quoted, and then all vanished without a trace again.

4. Marshall

Marshall Established commenter

Lincolnshire! Big county but is enough for you to be able to see whether you are near or not!

5. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I'm in Lincolnshire too Marshall, and have a wondeful caretaker who is a brilliant odd job man. I have asked him to do some work for me over the summer which he is happy to do. Depending on where you are, he may be able to work for you too. PM me if you want more information.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

its not that i mind travellling.i have a white van with all my tools aboard.But lincs is a bit far for a few days unless i can ge cheap accomodation.....I have travelled al over theplace doing work.....but I am based in east London.

7. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Me! Me! If you live near me (I bet you don't!) I would willingly br be your gardener! I am currently working on my own overgrown jungle, trying to bring it up to NGS standard. I would happily do yours if you lived nearby!