1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why Australia is the best country in which to live and teach!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Christopher Curtis, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Peter Smith Dawson, January 31, 1882 in Adelaide, Australia
    Died September 27, 1961
    Have a listen on Youtube. One of the most perfectly-focused bass-baritone voices ever recorded, with crystal clear diction and an amazing range reaching from the bass bottom D to the tenor top A flat. Peter's earliest recordings were on Victrola cylinders and his last ones were stereo LPs. When he chose to record opera or oratorio it was exquisite but essentially he made his career in Victorian/Edwardian ballads and the semi-pop of his day. Sadly, like others of his countrymen/ women, he had to achieve his full potential abroad.

2. Shame its full of Australians....

3. ....not to mention Pommy bastards, whinging Poms and those with sore backs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lo que hay que aguantar..

4. Oh and while I'm here.... the most prestigious, exclusive, top tier school in Switzerland implements the Australian maths curriculum. [​IMG]

5. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

6. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

C'est vrai:
    Un roo + un roo = deux roux
    deux roux + deux roux = un plat y peau
    deux plats y peaux = un uom bat...

7. Ouais!

8. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Not it doesn't. We follow the Bac Francais and the IB.

9. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

All joking and one-upmanship aside, is there as Swiss school that does so? The reason I ask is that I was at the Maths meeting for all the Swiss International Schools less than a month ago and no-one mentioned it.

10. I must write to Forbes Magazine. Bleeding Americans they know nothing about Europe.

11. Shame it's full of Australians....

12. Q: Why Australia is the best place to teach?

A: Little Creatures Pale Ale

13. <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

..good to see this thread up again. Things have changed in aus since 2010- it's even better! I've been away dancing with the Cossacks (again!) , but back home soon in the land of milk and honey!</font> Oooroo Notyet (Ane)! like old times huh!

14. Hey Ned, good to hear from you. I was home at Easter and was tempted to buy one of those beautiful apartments in Docklands. Maybe next year.

15. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Stick around both of youse and drip-feed us from time to time with detailed news of how Australia Fair has Advanced.

16. jermar

jermar New commenter

I have always found Australians whinge far more than POMS! Normally that bloody POMS this and .....