1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are YOU still up?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by msmuse, Dec 15, 2011.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I've had a burst pipe and am sat here waiting for the repair man to, well, repair it! He is lovely btw!
    I am never up this late and am intrigued as to why others are? Are you bored like me? Working? Looking after children/babies? Just got in from a night out? Insomniac? OR just a 'late-nighter?' Sorry for the nosey question but i'm intrigued, as well as bored!!
    Perhaps, sensibly for this time in the academic year you are all in bed (I'm sooo jealous).

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

In my case, because after surgery suffering pain and need the painkillers to kick in, before I go to bed & disturb husband who<u> needs his sleep</u>. I can sleep in tomorrow as have no work but he can't & he's a very light sleeper.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Aww sorry to hear that Lara! Hope you're better soon.
    I'm up as Im on the other side of the world and (pathetically) at present the internet (and the people on the other end of it) are my only friend(s)
    Hope your pipe is fixed now [​IMG] x

4. I can emthathise with you, lara, as i am in much the same situation. Chronic pain always feels worse during the night, and morphine patch and the co-dyramols longer in taking effect. When I do eventually doze off, my 'prostate alarm clock' has me up at about 5 am.

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Mainly insomnia!! Sorry about your chronic pain Lara and Albertdog! x

6. Just back from taking son 'home'. and have to get up extra early in the morning...