1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are you still in your school uniform?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by missmunchie, Jan 11, 2011.

1. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I was chatting to my Aunt online last night. She caught sight of my eldest daughter in the background wearing her school uniform. Then asked in a loud voice "Why are you still in your school uniform?"
    Do you change your kids into play clothes after school or nursery?
    I think I did as a child but only to save my one uniform from getting dirty as my mum washed it at the weekend.
    I don't bother changing my elder daughter's uniform after school as she has a clean unifom to put on every day. Plus she changes into her PJs for bed time. I think 3 changes of clothes a day for her is a bit over the top!
    My little one (3) likes to take her clothes off so quite often ends up in different clothes after school. Plus she tends to be messier than my eldest daughter who is 8.
    Was just a little put out at the comment. She also asks things like "Why aren't they in bed yet?" GRR

2. My 6 year old changes after school but I can't afford clean uniform for every day and certainly don't have time to wash it every night!

3. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

The only reason she wears a different uniform everyday is because I was given bag loads of second hand uniforms from friends.
    It does mean loads of washing at the weekend though!

4. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially if you don't need to worry about keeping it clean. Tell her to mind her own!