1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are we suddenly infested with UKIP/EDL/BNP cloth-heads?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sid_Pubes, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Sid_Pubes

Sid_Pubes Senior commenter

I ask the question not because none of them have yet made a point worth discussing, but because this still relatively new forum seems to have attracted a slew of right wing bigots who carry what passes for their brains in their underpants.

In the past there were periods when atheists bored us frantic with their balls-achingly tedious casuistry; and periods when fundamentalist Christians - ranging from cover-to-cover Baptists to brainless papists like Gene Vincent - made us laugh until we cried.

But never have we seen a concerted effort by the political simpletons of the right wing to hi-jack this forum. Why this forum, and why now?

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Because they can

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

1. Are you sure you need the plural?
    2. There's been pages on anti-immigrant you're denying my free speech by not letting me rant about it rubbish before.
    3. I assumed the culprit's school broke up early for Christmas, leaving more time for trolling.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Maybe to balance up all the left wing bigots who no one seems to moan about?

Alf58, lexus300 and Grabthar like this.
  5. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

No wife
    No life
    Sad
    Bitter
    Angry

6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

7. Didactylos4

Smoke and mirrors Sid

8. Grabthar

Grabthar Established commenter

LOL! And they've probably hacked off the mods with their constant bellyaching and clicking the report button over nothing at all, so now discussion threads are just left to run, as long as they are reasonable, just as it should be. Ah, life, eh?

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

It seems some teachers will try to take down any opposition rather than discuss the way or reason.However , there is a point that no 'bigot' can ever be convinced of an alternate view.
    Basically i ignore both left and right and in return on any forum most of them ignore my comments :)
    Such is life that you are not allowed to walk the middle lane and the moderates are submerged by a slurry of left and right opinions.Often the same accusation repeating themselves.

10. Grabthar

The fact that they lump UKIP, EDL and BNP (between you and me, tbey forgot Britain First) together shows ignorance, the very kind of ignorance they are so keen to attribute to those who are to the right of them politically. Cameron and co. used to ridicule Farage as loonies, but then, as the election loomed closer, they saw a real danger, hence the reluctant promise of a referendum. Anyone who faced Farage in a debate lost, and had this immigration crisis kicked off before the election, we might have seen a different outcome. I don't claim to belong to the right or the left, both of which are very dangerous. I'm on the side of common sense, and flooding the EU with more people than we can handle is far from being common sense, or even uncommon sense.

11. Didactylos4

Most people do
    They tend to be instantly forgettable

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I've wondered too.

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

To all:
    There are some who when disapproving of others opinions on this forum choose to attach derogatory labels, as per the header above.
    A few other people also practice spoiling tactics rather than engage in sensible debate. Typically, there are those who counter argument/opinion by asking tangential questions generally with tenuous links to the topic this then becomes an iterative process with one aim, to bog down and spoil open debate. Then there are those who fabricate distorted interpretations of posters comments in order to please their sympathisers and to ridicule those not in sync with group-think.
    You seem to me to have become shadow puppets of the Westminster clowns, who are not interested in genuine political debate, you are only interested in a sick kind of ego tripping for your own and your cronies amusement.

Alf58 and George_Randle like this.
  14. Grabthar

Well, what else can they do now the mods have tired of their constant bellyaching and repeated clicking on the 'report' link over nothing at all? Now they actually have to make a case, but all they can do is post nonsense and silly pictures.

15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I don't mind engaging with right wing nationalists, but experience shows they soon lose interest in exploring their beliefs.

Burndenpark likes this.
  16. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I think there are probably far fewer of them than would at first sight appear to be the case. It's just that they appear in various different guises.

They'll get bored and disappear soon enough.

17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I suspect it's one person doing all the posting

18. Ghost-of-Christmas-Past

Ghost-of-Christmas-Past Established commenter

Cheer up Sid you grumpy old Sod. Would you rather listen to Scintillant whinging on about God all day every day?

19. Ghost-of-Christmas-Past

Yeah. Fess up Peakster you one trick pony:)

20. Ghost-of-Christmas-Past

Cheerleader bang on cue;)