1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are some kids so smart?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by aa88, Feb 2, 2012.

1. There's been some discussion in the media lately about how the ease of using Google/Wikipedia etc has led to people not bothering to remember facts any more. There is worrying evidence of this in the classroom. Pupils can no longer remember their own names. They are constantly having to get their i-phones out during lessons to look them up. Unfortunately by the time the teacher asks them their name they have forgotten all over again.

2. It continues to amaze me that primary kids have yet to grasp how to get round supply teachers. They always give me their correct (full) name and will make silly mistakes like asking me if they can do x. When I ask if that is something they'd normally get to do they say no! As if I would then let them! I've sometimes thought that if they had just done x (e.g. used the metalic pens) quietly as though its what they always done I wouldn't've even noticed!

3. stan-dards

stan-dards New commenter

Why cant The pupils of today BRING their own pens etc Why do we have to supply them! They dont get grade E they get A & A stars & yet they dont do homework (or classwork many of them) I could go on Its a dumbing down of many standards over the last 10 years Thats why cs
    can teach(sorry babysit them)