1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are school senior leaders so sneaky and untransparent?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by AnonL, Nov 27, 2015.

1. AnonL

AnonL New commenter

I always find them sneaky, judgemental and untransparent. Instead of dealing with the problem staff they stitch staff up or do not employ them any more. Often very good teachers are discriminated against because their faces do not fit. Why is this? As senior managers why do you treat staff in such a horrible underhand fashion?

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Not all school leaders are like this.

3. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I don't recognise your description either.

To be sneaky, let alone Machievvellian, you need to be organised, I have yet to work in a school (8 so far, if you exclude about 20 short-term supply) where the management could work together well enough to be mediocre.

TailwindTurner and kimothy39 like this.
  4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

*sigh*

5. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

I have worked for nine HTs. Eight of these have been totally dedicated to the success of the school and its pupils, and have therefore done their utmost to look after, develop and support their staff. One was, I think, distracted by personal issues and therefore made some mistakes, although I would struggle to describe this person as sneaky, judgemental or untransparent. I have seen many of these HTs work very hard indeed to look after teachers who were in serious difficulty professionally or in their personal lives.
    Perhaps I've been lucky. Perhaps we hear more from people who have complaints than from people who are being well led?

6. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Interesting - you're not MSmee21 who seems to have the opposite dilemma, are you?

7. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

No. Just trying to redress the balance here. Of course I accept "the plural of anecdote is not data."

8. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Skeoch - I was referring to the OP, apologies for not making this clearer when posting. Strange how a post slating HTs for pushing staff out appears at the same time on the HT forum as a post allegedly from a HT who claims the face of staff don't fit, and they want to push them out...