1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Why are my posts now awaiting moderation?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Elysium_Moissanite, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Elysium_Moissanite

Elysium_Moissanite New commenter

I have joined today and a few hours later see that my posts are now awaiting a moderator's approval. Why?

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Ask a moderator directly. They won't comment in public beyond quoting the T&C you signed up to.

3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I wonder.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Is it not a vetting process to check you aren't going to defile the forum with filth? ;)

5. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

I take the view that everything in the public domain should at least be screened for foul language and abusive comments. Some of the stuff I have seen on Twitter / newspaper blogs is disgusting. I do not mind if a moderator spends a bit of time ensuring I am not likely to offend anyone.

6. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

:rolleyes:Possibly because your posts give the Mods that feeling of deja vu all over again?

rosievoice likes this.
  7. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Elysium_Moissanite,

Welcome to the TES Community. I'm delighted to see that you were able to upload your avatar and find your way around the forums so quickly.

Thank you for your question.

Flere-Imsaho is correct. Moderation decisions are not discussed in public on the forums.

It clearly states in the Moderation policy that: we reserve the right to remove content, lock threads, ban members or moderate user posts in our moderated forums at our discretion - we won't enter into debates regarding any sanction.

This has always been the case and at this time there are no plans to change this historical policy.

https://www.tes.com/article.aspx?storyCode=6302370

Please note: Threads or posts may be deleted and members may be banned at the sole discretion of TES moderation staff without notice.

We reserve the right to amend our moderation policy at any time without notice.

We usually explain to the user the reasons for moderating or removing a comment or locking a thread, and we will continue to do so.

However, due to some posters (e.g. trolls, banned members returning to the forums) abusing their posting privileges we are reviewing all new users' posting habits. Eventually all new users' posts will be pre-moderated.

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Still no comment on the lack of a 'Dear God!' smiley, though.

9. Flere-Imsaho

Were you a teacher, Rosaline?
    I can almost hear myself in that comment - "Good afternoon, Pupil X. I'm delighted to see you've managed to find your way to the classroom and with your jotter too! Well done."
    ;)

lizziescat likes this.
  10. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

No, I've never been a teacher @Flere-Imsaho.

11. Flere-Imsaho

12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I always find your posts remarkably informative @TES_Rosaline
    ;)

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Sycophant! ;)

Annarosa1 and racroesus like this.
  14. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

Sensible girl.

sabrinakat likes this.
  15. Elysium_Moissanite

Oh. Ok. Seems strange that you are moderating new users from start, but allowed me to post unmoderated for some hours.

16. Elysium_Moissanite

And now I can't enjoy following up the replies to my mung bean thread which spoils the enjoyment of a forum.

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

But not about the Dear God! emoticon.