1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's the most annoying teacher in your school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucylollipop, Apr 2, 2011.

1. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I've often wanted to do that too! (With others' comments, obviously, not my own!) Maybe TES should consider it as a possibility?

2. Pretty bad spelling and grammer for someone who has apparently been a teacher for so long...

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

oh the irony!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

And a first post too!

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Wow. Really can't decide whether to go for glass houses or pots and kettles.

6. Ohhhhh I met you today, I didn't know you existed. The one who takes it out on the children when they don't like something/someone.

7. greta444

greta444 New commenter

The 'grammer' poster will probably never dare to post again, the stick you lot (and me) give!! tee hee!

8. The ones that talk the most and the loudest in staff meetings and don't give anyone else- quieter people like me!- a chance to speak.

9. The one who whines constantly about how people aren't planning properly for "their subject" only to simply print out the QCA unit to teach it to their own class! [​IMG]

10. Belthazor

Belthazor New commenter

Or, as in secondary school you're the only one (or one of the few) who is not afraid to accurately assess a pupil (lowly), whilst others inflate the grades for the sake of it. You then get critised for "failing" the pupil.
    Although this happens only mainly in fee-paying/independent schools.

11. sparklyrainbowfish

sparklyrainbowfish New commenter

me too!

12. sparklyrainbowfish

sparklyrainbowfish New commenter

the most annoying teacher... hmmm...
    1) me - because I always ask questions [​IMG]
    2) people who moan / whinge etc about others but never discuss the problem with the person they have a problem with. Grrr! how will it ever get sorted out if they don't talk to the person involved!? [​IMG]

13. The teacher who addresses adults as if they are her misbehaving pupils!
    Step out of teacher mode and bu.gger off please!

14. I'm loving this thread!

The most annoying teacher in my school has to be the one who constantly refers to how long they have been teacher for (therefore we're all inferior!) and who likes to 'diagnose' children who are in school now because they remind them of a child they taught 10 years ago!

Also the teacher who likes to nod along, chipping in every so often about the advice/support they've given, when the head teacher's talking about what we need to be doing for the SIP - when we all know fine well they don't do this and they're the coordinator for the subject.

I can't remember who posted the comment about the teacher who tells off your class for the slightest thing but their class can run riot - we've got one of those teachers too - bl**dy annoying!!

Last one - the teacher who inflates their results. Why set others up to fail?!

Maybe I'm just easily annoyed by my colleagues!

15. My paragraphs have disappeared - sorry!

16. crysys

crysys Occasional commenter

The GTP who bursts into the staffroom singing and then tries to 'jolly' along the other teachers. I just want to smack her in the face!
    The ones who sit and discuss the 'soap' story lines during breaks.
    The same ones who post stuff on Facebook during school and then discuss it during breaks.
    The ones who hang around the HT, issuing loud, false laughs.
    The obese ones who dash into the staffroom, scan the table for goodies and then grab several biscuits uttering words like 'starving'. I don't think so love!

17. Yeah, I found this thread a bit scary to be honest! We're meant to be upfront people and we're all seething in secret!
    There's one guy, been there 15 years and seems to do nothing but moan, has called 2 early morning meetings and been off sick for both, been sick a lot of the year, students complain about him. There seems to be no consequence!

18. I am perhaps in a minority of one then. I haven't really found anyone annoying. Everyone is different and we all have different traits and personalities. I get on well and have good friendships with some colleagues but have little in common with others. C'est la vie. I'd hate to find someone found me being positive and greeting everyone brightly in the morning was annoying and personally if you do, well get over it because I'm not going to stop.
    Perhaps I am taking the thread far to seriously but if the people you work with annoy you - change schools! We tell the kids to get on with everyone and then teachers take part in a thread like this ;-)

19. It's probably me. I've been at my school since September as an NQT and have just got the job co-ordinating Key Stage 1 for next year (all 7 classes, TLR and all) - People probably hate me. And I never go in the staff room at lunch because I like to work and mark etc. so I can spend the evening with my family (you know, those people you live with!).

20. I love this thread too!
    I hate those teachers who tell you that you're doing OK, but then grasses in you to the principal teacher and then she has to tell you all the things you should be doing.
    Argh, why not just tell in the first place - nah, she had to tell the PT so that you look bad! :mad: