1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's the most annoying teacher in your school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucylollipop, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Ramjam

Ramjam New commenter

The members of staff who criticise anything anyone lower down the school does "because it makes their job impossible", but refuse to accept that we are all in the same boat, receiving children with unrealistic achievements from the previous class because of the ridiculously high targets set by the head.
    Other than that gripe,

2. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Most annoying?
    It's a toss-up-
    One is unpredictable, in a good mood one minute, snappy, impatient and scathing the next. This teacher hates anything changing, cannot cope with other people asking her to do things, doesn't listen because she's too busy chuntering to herself then gets in a snit because she doesn't know what has been discussed. Grrrrr!

The other is JUST AMAZING. That lesson was AMAZING. Everything is AMAZING. The children were AMAZING, their work is AMAZING, they are making SO MUCH PROGRESS! Here, come and look at this book. Isn't it AMAZING? Oh, that display? Yes, it looks AMAZING, doesn't it? The children use it ALL THE TIME. (I'm in the staffroom, trying to scarf down my sandwich in the 5 minutes I have for lunch. I do not want to hear about your class, I'm afraid. I'm too busy trying to forget about mine)

I, on the other hand, probably annoy people because I leave things to the last minute. They're done on time.... but only just.

3. manic28

manic28 New commenter

How about the member of staff who only talks about her own children and how wonderful they are doing in the other school up the road. Trying to eat a sandwich when she takes out her phone to show you the latest in a long series of photos of her 'adorable' little children. You are trying to have a child-free lunch time and having this to cope with is frustrating.

And I agree with the person who said two-faced members of staff who are point scoring by grassing you up (for nothing) and not coming to you directly. Dont pee on my foot and tell me it's raining sweetheart.

That felt good. [​IMG]

4. A former DHT I worked with who worked every hour god sent, 12 hours a day minimum, all weekend, totally arrogant who would sit their and tell us we should all be excited about childrens learning
    Er no love, Im excited about spending time with my o.h, a night out on the sauce, going on holiday, seeing friends I havent seen for a while, the latest james bond film and driving at 120mph not about my job, sorry.

5. In my last school the teacher who made you look stupid when not completed end of year form in the right way - not only didn't help me but she went straight to head to report it!! I'd only been there 6 weeks!! Loved her!!!

6. crampsfan

crampsfan New commenter

Yes indeed. Teachers who go to SMT about you before they've spoken to you. Gnash gnash.

7. Its the Secondary teacher, who comes down to teach primary children for a change of professional development and think they know everything about anything!
    <u></u>
    Grrrrrrr!

8. And these will be the ones who are still on conserved salaries from the days of Senior Teachers!

9. We have one just the same. Always arrives just as the bell is about to go and then thinks it's her right to have a cup of coffee before doing anything useful.
    Sharing classes with her is excruciating as she has been known to teach what other teachers have planned because she hasn't had time to do it.

10. In no particular order are:
    Arrrogant (usually young) careerists who think they know it all
    Cynical g**s (age immaterial) who think they know it all
    Overly "caring" SMT who keep asking how I am and making patronising cooments about managing stress
    Uncaring SMT who keep piling on the work without thought
    teachers who are too matey or motherly with the "kids"
    aggressive teachers (dare I say PE) who would like to bring back the cane
    "trendy" teachers
    "traditional" teachers
    teachers who agree with everything SMT / national strategy (as it was) propose
    teachers who complain about workload and quote union directives dismissing all initiatives
    hoarders
    borrowers and not returners
    thinking about it - that doesn't leave many teachers I do like - thank god for being able to shut the door and just deal with teenagers - so much more understanding about my misanthropic tendencies.

11. Wouldn't do "cover teacher" unless I absolutely was desperate..... no rapport with the kids... expected to plan a lesson for children that you have no idea what there ability is... no to mention covering a subjection you know nothing about... or the lesson plan of do this poster that the kids have done ten times before as the same teacher is off on sick leave again...

12. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Welcome to TES Primary Forum. Your first post was a corker. I'm still giggling as I scoff my pie and chips!

13. How about the borrower who never returns - but the first time you realise she's borrowed it at all is when you walk into her classroom & find it? Sad thing is, she doesn't take the hint that you must have discovered it since you are now in (re) possession of said item - and she does it again......hmmmm

14. Great post! Have had a giggle recognising the kinds of teachers that annoy other teachers and coming to the awful realisation that many of them are me lol. I must try harder.

15. The NQT who thinks they know it all - wont take advice, is horrible to the children, distances themselves from teaching assistants - who are ruled with the same iron fist as the children and sadly will get signed off as a fully fledged teacher to pursue a career which quite frankly they should not be doing!

16. Teachers who talk about the kids 'spiritual welfare', when what they mean is force feeding them religous claptrap.
    Alcoholic teachers who stink of booze sweat and are rude to their TAs and admin staff.
    Teachers who spend their time writing comments on TES pages when they should be teaching. Must be off, just got word the head is wandering around.....

17. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

I so wanted to 'like' your comment but then remembered this is TES and not Facebook! [​IMG]

18. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

The Ht who initiates a trial, 10 min earlier start to the day for children to start school so parents can drop off and go to work...then even though he knows staff do not like the disruption says he will keep it .
    The TA who is constantly trying to trip you up,find fault with your newsletter etc
    The staff who fill the sink with dirty cups when there is an empty dishwasher 2 feet away.
    The staff who put named items in the lost property box..have a heart !
    The support staff who wander back to class 10 mins after playtime when youve done the input and they then go off on a tangent
    The parents who do not read the newsletter so their child doesn't have the money for a bun,the dressing up costume,etc
    oh heck rant over!

19. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Ot ta's who are supposed to be helping keep glancing at their phones in case some one has sent them a text. they are paid to help..i dont look at my phone during teaching time..nor should they.or any teacher for that matter

20. The bullying ones who get a little crew around them to stage whisper about people they don't like in the staffroom and meetings.
    The one who pretends to be a bumbling idiot, but is actually listening to everything ready to tell tales.
    The ones who are grumpy with children and staff but not SMT.