1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's the most annoying teacher in your school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucylollipop, Apr 2, 2011.

1. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

The (newish) teacher who's a right brown nose, always toadying around SMT, who today, when I wrote a message in Spanish on a card to a teacher who's getting married (new wife is Spanish) said, when he thought I was out of earshot, " She's just showing off again." Tw*t.

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Me, probably. Because this term I've been swanning off at lunchtime every day.[​IMG] Haven't got a job yet for next term, thought, so I suppose that might amke them feel better...!

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Yes. Grassing to the Head is not nice.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

When you work with chilren who are inveterate tell-tale-twits, the last thing you want is colleagues who are the same.

5. The hoarder that won't share. One day she'll go missing and we'll find her in her cupboard buried underneath a metric ton of glitter and feathers.

6. The one with more faces than a bloody icosahedron.

7. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Ooh yes! We have a couple of them!

8. the borrower who never returns!

9. Emotionally needy types like hypochondriacs and drama queens! [​IMG]

10. This is like reading about my whole school. I may have seen myself here too. :)

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

we have learnt from bad experience that anything borrowed is never returned......so i never lend if i can help it.....but i dont hold resources like teachers who take maths equipment etc and NEVER return so you have to go hunting.
    The teacher who hasnt the forethought to check they need new work books and comes othe scrounge usually in the form of a child in the middle of some important part of the lesson or whem i am in the middle of crowd control.
    The teacher who persistanly sends inthe same child in each day for misbehaviour....FGS send him somewhere else.
    Teachers who love to increase work loads with 'new ideas' but which are not new ideas but goriffied glory hunting. or recycled ideas witha new coat....yes i am one of those old dinasurs who do not see the necessity for change because a govement dictates, or they have read some 'research' and want to be supper trandy and be seen to be good!
    We may not run around but we know what works and what not to waste out time on...strangely we also used to run around once..then we realised no body cares and no body is even grateful to all your 'concern'.
    I also hate techers who would deem to use me as a stepping stone to their own glory and importance.....self centred ,arrogant and not tea players.
    also

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Teachers who say "I'll do that" and then don't so I end up doing it in a rush at the last minute because they didn't bother and I have the misfortune to be working with them on something.

Teachers who always 'having a tricky time at the moment' when any work over and above basic teaching needs doing, so I do their share as well.

Teachers who say "I've done that in my last school" but haven't ever done anything of the kind and so I end up sorting out something I have no idea about either.

Teachers who say "Oh yes, I 've done that already" and yet they haven't at all and so I end up doing it for them because someone has to.

Teachers who complain to my HT that I am 'impatient' with them, despite the fact they do all of the above!

13. The one who impresses the head by seeming to work harder than anyone else. No, she just works far longer than everyone else. If she chooses to stay later than everyone else and come in during the weekends too, that is her business.

14. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

And of course teachers, like me, who sound like right whingers in need of a good slap!

15. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

the teacher whose class is running wild but make a point telling off two of my kids who are whispering in the corridor on the way to assemby.

16. The teacher who inflates teacher assessment results so that when they get to the top of the school there's no chance at all of them meeting their targets!!

The one who decides that they wants to be a head by the age of 26 and thinks they should start acting like your 'boss' after a couple of short years teaching.

I'm saying nothing about the angrypuppy's comment though... I like other teachers to tell off my kids, saves me doing it! ;)

17. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Yes, Precisely. (I just know she'll be reading this thread.) You are NOT the Deputy Head, love!!

18. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

The annoying old bat who brags that she hasn't had a single day off sick in the last 20 years.

19. Msz

Msz Established commenter

20. I like all of my colleagues and they don't annoy me at all so by the process of elimination it has to be me.