1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's Still Waiting to get to Their New School and Country?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Helen-Back, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

As we wait yet another week to see if there is any movement on border restrictions, I'm wondering how many others are in the same situation. We didn't go home in the summer because we thought it would be more straight forward and cheaper to stay put. As we approach the fall we're beginning to wonder if we shouldn't go home after all. We are now thinking borders won't open until at least Christmas and it might be better to wait it out in a place that doesn't require constant visa renewal.

How's everyone else doing?

2. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

not my situation, but thinking of you all xx

3. libbyg

libbyg New commenter

Tough call! We decideD to return to the UK to sit it out! It’s not been easy at all, with no place to live etc, and sometime I wished we’d stayed in the land of smiles. However, after six weeks sofa surfing, and still waiting for the country we are going To to open, I am now glad we returned. The stress of visa renewal etx is not something I wished for especially as they kept changing the deadline dates at short notice. At least here, you have no worries about visas.

good luck and hope you get to your destination soon.

Helen-Back likes this.