1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's next in line on the throne?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by robyn147, May 31, 2012.

1. I take 1066 as a starting point! Where was that big battle again?

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Not in Wessex. We wouldn't have let that type of thing go down.
    Senlac Hill is a good name to know for pub quizzes.

3. Better than that - Ho did Senlac get its name?

4. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Loving the banter on this thread!
    Two quickies - I hated History at school but love it now (was taught very dry facts and figures and monarchs), and I'm ashamed to say that I love the 'William, william, Henry, Stephen' song! If only HH had been around I might have been OK at History...
    More helpfully, thinking about Hastings and Senlac Hill I can THOROUGHLY recommend it as a primary school trip. We took our own children one day and the facility to walk around the battle field hearing the story with sound effects, and unfolding as you reach different points was a MASSIVE hit with them (and us!)> Very child-friendly visitor centre too.

5. Andrew do i have an old booklet of yours??? 50 maths websites or somerthing like that?? Are you on twitter??

6. Flo71

Flo71 New commenter

Oneof the boys in my class named PrinceCharles' sons as 'William and Horrid Henry'!

7. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

She was, since any wife of a king can be so titled (as would happen with Camilla). However, she wasn't the sovereign, so doesn't get counted in the ordering.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Which is what I meant, but couldn't spell it properly...was a bit pished then!