1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Who's Missing Their Class?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Ro13, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

I teach in an independent primary school, my class are year 3. We closed to all children, except keyworkers children.

We had 9 children up to 3rd April, only 2 teachers left standing, of which I'm one. I've been teaching 5 junior children but none of them are my class. I'm missing my class so much!!!

My head has decided to close now as she is worried about risk to myself & last teacher.

I will be teaching on Zoom soon & I'm so excited about being able to see my class, I never realized how much I love them until this all happened. Anyone else feel the same?

2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Our children use an online learning platform that enables them to upload pictures of their work, and many of them have shown the children holding their creations - it's really nice to see them!

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yeps!
    We are furloughed and so unable to work at all. HATING it.
    Two more weeks (hopefully) and I can get back to seeing what they are up to at home and smiling and chatting with them on Teams.

sunshineneeded likes this.
  4. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

I'm missing my classes. The personalities etc - not the marking and all the meetings.

5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I'm missing my Year 6 ... and will really miss the post SATS time with the production, transition work, trips ... and the laughter and tears as secondary school comes closer.

6. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 New commenter

I'm missing my class and also hating the whole home learning experience for lots of different reasons. I hate having to suddenly take one new tech without any support at home, I hate the fact that the children are obviously struggling and I can't support them, I hate having to do all of my work relating to subject leadership online (I like to spread the paperwork out in front of me) but most of all I hate not being in school, able to talk to the children and other members of staff.

7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yeps this didn't happen as some teachers have been kept on furlough.
    So five weeks now since I've seen any of them or had any contact with them or with parents.
    And nothing will change until schools reopen or furlough scheme ends.
    I really, really HATE it. It's like someone cut of my arm or something.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    sunshineneeded and Caramel2308 like this.