1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whoosh! for Macbeth - anybody got it?

Discussion in 'English' started by chuffedtomintballs, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Hi Folks,

Have just spent the whole day convincing my departmen how effective the RSC's Whoosh! activities are. I've agreed to do a mini-version of it tomorrow, with our Department! The thing is, I've got the Whoosh scripts for Much Ado About Nothing, Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest and Richard III...but none for Macbeth. Does anybody have an electronic copy of it that they could e-mail to me, or know a web-site where I could download it from? Or, does anybody have a hard copy that they could scan/post to me? Has anybody typed up their own version of Whoosh!? I'd be VERY grateful .
    Thanks.
    Love Chuffed x

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Found this on Google, but not sure if it's what you're looking fir?
    www.citized.info/.../Microsoft%20PowerPoint%20-%20Brian%20Lighthill%20PP%20Presentation%20%5BCompatibilit...

3. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

Email me at zoebrunning@gmail.com

I have done one but am going to differentiate it a bit as it was a bit tough for the kids. I just got some play summaries and tweeked it. Love all the RSC stuff. Having an ICE day at home so will do it them email it on.

Another hot tip for next year - Tesco etc have lots of hats and masks for 10p and cheaper just after Halloween. Got my classes in witch hats and masks last week - they LOVED it!

4. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

Have just uploaded to Resource area.

5. Hey EmmaBB,
    This is fantastic! I went online tonight after school, before my film-club and downloaded it. It's a really 'palatable' version of Macbeth. You've kept just enough original quotes/text in, yet changed the more difficult ones into easier kid-speak. It's perfect. I've just reviewed it on the resources area.
    Thanks so much again for taking the time to put this on the Resources. I'm realy sorry it's taken me a while to reply. After the first day or two, I just thought that nobody else would be going on to reply to my original post. Thanks a lot, again!
    Lara - same to you for going on google for me. I tried to copy and paste your link, but it was invalid. I appreciate your efforts though!

Love Chuffed xx

6. Hey EmmaBB,
    This is fantastic! I went online tonight after school, before my film-club and downloaded it. It's a really 'palatable' version of Macbeth. You've kept just enough original quotes/text in, yet changed the more difficult ones into easier kid-speak. It's perfect. I've just reviewed it on the resources area.
    Thanks so much again for taking the time to put this on the Resources. I'm realy sorry it's taken me a while to reply. After the first day or two, I just thought that nobody else would be going on to reply to my original post. Thanks a lot, again!
    Lara - same to you for going on google for me. I tried to copy and paste your link, but it was invalid. I appreciate your efforts though!

Love Chuffed xx

7. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

No problem, used it this morning with my Year 8s and they loved it. There are a couple of typos in there though. Will update corrected version later.

Have a sort of SOW with Promethean flipcharts for a few lessons if you want it.

zoebrunning@gmail.com

*awaits floods of emails**!

8. Hi,

Could I possibly get a copy of the Much Ado About Nothing script?

I have just started a new school and I have been left the unenviable task of having to get through the play with a low ability group by half term. I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

Lauren x

9. Hey

You have previously mentioned on the TES forum that you have the Whoosh script for The Tempest and Romeo and Juliet. Could you please send them to me on noha.gaafar@gmail.com ?

Thanks.

10. Hi,

I see in your post you have the whoosh for Richard III. Is there any chance at all you could post it on here please? I really want to use it with my Year 9s as the Macbeth whoosh worked so well yesterday.

Thank you

11. Hello there, I have just seen this and was wondering if you could possibly send me your Shakespeare Whooshs for Macbeth, Much Ado and R + J please? My email is keelyoakes@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks in advance.

12. Hello,

I know this thread is from early last year but I am going to give it a go....

I just wondered if you could please email me the Much Ado script for the Whoosh! activity? I would really, really appreciate it as I have got my last ever PGCE ob on Wed (thank goodness!)and I think this would go down very well!! My address is emilyesther88@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Emily x