1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whoops A Daisy Angel

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon3518, Nov 16, 2010.

1. We have bought a copy of the production with the licence and are using it for our Christmas play. It's a bit short on script and we are going to pad it out but I was wonderign if somebody might have already done it and would save us some precious time. Ofsted last week and everyone is extremely drained already. Be ever so appreciated.
    H

2. We have bought a copy of the production with the licence and are using it for our Christmas play. It's a bit short on script and we are going to pad it out but I was wonderign if somebody might have already done it and would save us some precious time. Ofsted last week and everyone is extremely drained already. Be ever so appreciated.
    H

3. Not for that one, but have a Scots nativity script which I wrote 2 weekends ago!!! How sad am I[​IMG]

4. the parents will be thrilled - all they want is to see there child dressed up so they can video it!

5. "their "- its been a long day in Year 2!

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

All the parents love Whoopsadaisy. I think you should apd it out in rehearsal as ideas crop up.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

pad - sorry

The best additions always suggest themselves during rehrearsals, in my experience. Don't restrict yourself to a set script. Whoopsadaisy is pretty basic and the tunes are catchy [I've had enough of the blasted things on my brainover the years] so you should perhaps adjust to suit the performers.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry for the typos too numerous to mention!

9. Hi
    We have just looked at it. We decided it needed some shooshing up, so have added some points for dances (I thought Shawaddy Waddy Pretty Little Angel Eyes for the angel bit) as well as the songs already there. We did get rid of the snowflake song as we thought it was really dull. You can have the copy we have done. We have decided to add a bit where WAD goes to see star to tell it to go to the wise men as we felt this was a bit skipped over.
    I have no idea how to private message on here. If you know how to PM me and I will email it to you. If not, if you leave your email address I will email it to you. It might get you a bit further.

10. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Which angel is always late? Which angel is always late?

It's a cute play.. I think it's long enough for Early Years but may need a bit extra for KS1. Maybe you could have some towns people? A few more lines for some of the angels?

It's basically the nativity so not sure what more you can do.

11. Hi, We added in extra songs and a snowflake dance to pad it out. Worked well

12. We did this one last year and it was lovley.
    At the beginning we added a bit with narration and Mary, Joseph and the donkey travelling to 'little donkey'. We also added a song for the Kings, camels and paiges to walk across the stage to while following the star. Cant remember what song we used but I'm sure there is a carol somewhere that would work.
    I dont seem to have a copy of what we added but it was pretty simple.

13. thank you for all the replies. four of us sat down from ks1 and padded it out after school. it'll do. after ofsted last week and parents evenings next week, having trouble remembering what my own name is. roll on christams.

h

14. hi we are also doing whoops a daisy angel and are in the process of trying to beef it up. Could i possibly ask you to email me your beefed up script?
    my email is jen-allen@hotmail.co.uk

thank you ever so much

15. Hi
    Can anyone help!!!!
    We are doing whoops a daisy angel this christmas, unfortunatly we are unable to get the CD. could anyone help with the music. mariewoodwardmorris@hotmail.com

we did this production two years ago but CD has gone over the years
    Many thanks
    Rie

16. inky

inky Lead commenter

Aw! Ours did a beautiful angel dance to that and all the parents were welling up at it - as were we. If you're doing Whoops this year, please keep the Snowflake song!

17. Hi,

Would it be possible to see the script that you used? If you still have it?

I'm putting on the same play this year for 4-6 year olds and I am aware it is very short. The play is for 30 boys and I would like to give every one a line.

Thanks,

Sandra

18. Hi please could you r!ail woopsie daisy over to me if you still have it? Stephaniemariecollins@hotmail.co.uk

19. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

I don't think anyone can do that as it's copyrighted material and Out of the Ark might have something to say about it!

20. rabbitace

rabbitace New commenter

You can get a replacement CD from Out of the Ark Music who publish Whoops A Daisy... you don't want to be sharing music, that would be illegal and infringe copyright rules.