1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole School Text..... any ideas? Pleeeaaase

Discussion in 'Primary' started by upsadaisy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Oh Tuesday would be such a good book! No words, loads of possibilities.

How about The Rainbow Bear by Michael Morpurgo

The Kapok Tree (sp?)

2. seekingstars

seekingstars New commenter

What about The Lost Thing.... any more bright ideas out there?

3. How about The Egg Drop by Mini Grey? It's a picture book, but I once did a cross curricular unit of work with it with my year 5/6 class during book week. Lots of potential.

4. Our school did 'Dogger' by Shirley Hughes, culminating in a 'school fete' and toy/book sale just like in the story - it worked brilliantly! Her books are traditional but beautifully illustrated and captivating for all ages (I think).
    Or what about Flat Stanley? Appealing for boys more than girls perhaps but a brilliantly written book with masses of potential for further work.

5. Tuesday is a fab book!! we did some whole school work on it and the kids loved it :)

The lost things is good and also flotsom

6. Could you give more detail about what you did as this sounds great!

7. Hi, I would love your ideas for The Midnight Man as we are just about to start planning this! Thanks

8. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

The Tunnel by Anthony Browne ?

9. Hi, we have just used 'where the wild thing are' with the whole school.
    At first I was concerned but after looking at the book wished I'd used it for my whole topic (yr1/2).
    There are lots of opportunities for drama, predicting, description etc. The story is also on DVD and a film adaption for the older children.

Good luck in deciding which book to use :)