1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole school staff training on behaviour management

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by sdhowe, Aug 12, 2015.

1. As part of the september training days I am to deliver a section on behaviour management, anyone any ideas on any activities I could include to make it interactive and get staff involved.

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

You could do some role play. Have a scenario where you show good practice I.e. going through how go use scripts so the teacher is in control, and bad practice where the teacher is shouting.

You could go through some case studies and get groups to discuss them and come up with solutions.

You could get groups to discuss routines and how important they are.

You could ask groups to write out what help they feel they need in order to plan other sessions in the new year.

You could ask the participants to fill in a questionnaire about the current behaviour policy and whether they think it is working.

If you wish, send me pm and I can send you the link to a very good training organisation which provides behaviour management both online and in house.