1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole school rewards system - EPraise - Any Thoughts or Experiences?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by PaulInformed, Jan 7, 2013.

1. I have been looking at a range of different reward systems and found the EPraise website which seemed to offer quite a good framework for a rewards system at a reasonable price. http://www.epraise.co.uk/index.php

Has anyone got any experience of using this rewards system or suggestions on other suitable systems they think would merit additional research.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

2. I have been looking at a range of different reward systems and found the EPraise website which seemed to offer quite a good framework for a rewards system at a reasonable price. http://www.epraise.co.uk/index.php

Has anyone got any experience of using this rewards system or suggestions on other suitable systems they think would merit additional research.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

3. tollolo

tollolo New commenter

I think eportal's behaviour package (attached to registers) is superior. The problem with epraise is that it is an additional package, which means that it is likely to be underused by all but key players. Such it is functional, mind.

4. I'm not in management or anything, but from a teachers perspective eportal only works if 1) Teachers register positive/negative points consistently (and backdate any comments, if they can not make a comment straight away, which I'm sure you appreciate does happen due to being so busy) and 2) those ultimately responsible for moinitoring the students behaviour (whether this be personal tutors or someone else) chases up comments made on eportal, particularly if they are negative comments, or requests to ring home etc.

Sometimes I feel I am 'eportalling' students, and these points are not chased up, hence not actually having any impact on improving the students behaviour. Especially as it's normally things such as low level disruption which is registered on here, as 'big problem' such as a fight or swearing is dealt with straight away by a senior staff member.

I have taken to actually emalling students Personal Tutor's to say please check this childs eportal and speak to them about the comments!

Just my two cents.

5. I created EPraise as a teacher a few years ago, because what you can do in SIMS and eportal just isn't user friendly or powerful enough, and the system has moved on a lot since back then. There are also a lot of new integration options for linking with your MIS, websites and VLEs.

I'd encourage anybody thinking about EPraise to contact us via the website and ask to have a look around so you can see for yourself.

6. EmmyCD

EmmyCD New commenter

Can I also recommend 'Behaviourwatch' (www.behaviourwatch.co.uk).

We have it at my school and I am quite fond of it. You can have registers, reports and data monitoring intergrated also.