1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole School Project *Advice Please

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by wolfpe, Nov 9, 2017.

1. wolfpe

wolfpe New commenter

Hi everyone,

As part of a leadership course I am currently undertaking I have to create a whole school project which has a positive impact.

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas of what would be beneficial for a secondary school?

I have thought about attendance, creating a generic data analysis document for all staff across the school, looking out our Mid-Term Admissions and their interventions/impact etc.

If anyone has any other ideas they would like to share before I make a decision I would be grateful. In future I wish to go down the Teaching and Learning route more than Pastoral so am unsure about focussing just on attendance etc.

Thanks in advance,

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It's a leadership course - you do the thinking.

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Established commenter

Exactly.
    And it's your school, so you know what the issues are. Whatever you do, don't invent something that the school doesn't need. Why don't you ask the HT or SLT if there's something that would suit your skills and develop them further?

4. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Agree with colleagues - need to be something pertinent to your setting or you are wasting your time / others and will certainly lose the respect of those with whom you work. A leader puts others before themselves so look at your SIP and in the spirit of being a self evaluating school identify some issue which will be of practical support to your staff members underpinned by a strong and robust rationale

5. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Senior commenter

Yes, it needs to link to the SIP and must be something welcomed. Go and talk to colleagues who are influential - ask them what they think will make the most difference to their role/teaching? If there is something you can set up that solves a big problem for the school or improves teaching for staff then it is time well spent.

Spend the time listening to them and act on the priorities... the impact comes from the things colleagues really want and are motivated to change.