1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole school phonics training using the match funding- which one???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Msz, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I can recommend Ann Foster ( not connected to any particular programme ) as I've worked with her a number of times.
    Although I'm sure Debbie could provide whole school phonics training without you using her programmes.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We are talking about using some of the money for training. We are concerned that the training in the catalogue might be training on how to use that scheme, which isn't really what we want. I think, like you seem to, we want just generic phonics training, not linked to a scheme.

3. Debbie (Who im sure is floating around here somewhere, so I hope isn't offended by the following!) is a good speaker but when I saw her did heavily promote her own material (as you would), and is also fiercely opinionated about certain things - some of which we found we disagreed with - so if you want a thought provoking INSET to get your (already experienced in the teaching of phonics) staff debating, she's great but if you want sort of basic training I'd suggest others.

4. Do you have any advisors from the LEA?

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Ann Foster is one of the trainers in the matched funding catalogue and is independent of any commercial scheme

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent, I'll pass on the information. Thank you.