1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Whole school Olympic activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lightbulb100, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Hi- I am looking for some whole school Olympic themed activities that I can roll out across school as an optional activity for the children to take part in.
    We're doing lots of other things as well, but I wanted something optional that the children can do at home and then bring back in to enter in a competition like style.
    I've got all the Get Set info and and taken some of the activities from there, but need 2 more (I'm going to do one per month).
    So far I have something along the lines of:
    • Design a healthy meal for an Olympic athlete
    • An Olympic quiz
    • Create your own collage of the Olympic rings
    • Create a fact file about one of the countries taking part in the Olympics
    • If you couldcreate your own game/activity for the Olympics, what would it be?
    (Where I've used the word Olympics, it constitutes Paralympics too).
    Any useful ideas appreciated.
    Thanks

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

search for 'flame followers' two nice competitions here.
    We are having a picnic on the day the torch comes through our town and having an extra special olympic themed sports day.

3. Have you had a look at the Gold Challenge? An opportunity for the children to get more active and raise money for charity. Have a look at the resource I've posted.

Also we're holding a test event at the Olympic Stadium on the 1st April so there are some opportunities to get the school there too.